Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
Ironically, and tangential to this thread, my wired pendant (I don’t trust Wireless) appears susceptible to electrical noise now... if I walk it to my machine, the little led “tx” indicator will flicker from time to time as an unsolicited command gets sent. I’ve had it randomly turn the spindle on, and separately commands a Z-Ptobe. Maybe I need to try a wireless one! Or finish this dammed pendant.
I've just recently built a machine and fit UCR201 wireless pendant and must say I'm massively impressed with it, so much so I ordered 6 more to keep in stock.

Like you, I don't or didn't, trust wireless until I used the UCR201. At first, I was reluctant to provide it but the customer wanted a pendant and didn't want wires, so I reluctantly fit it with a Big warning of "On your head be it".

But this wasn't enough for me and I wanted to prove if it was stable or not so I set out to affectively break or trip it up. So the first test which usually blows wireless devices and most sensitive electrical devices is to fire up the TIG welder next to it.? Nope, didn't bat an eyelid. Next was the Plasma cutter and MIg welder, the same result.
The acid test was when I walked to the other end of my unit, approx 40mtr's, into my office, shut the door, and controlled the machine looking through my office window while my son was welding next to the machine with a MIG welder.

Nothing I did made this thing wobble and we even controlled the machine from outside the building. I'd recommend the UCR201 to anyone using UCCNC.