. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    VAT is 20% now?! There are so many reasons I'm glad I left the UK. Soon as you can everybody, relocate to Tasmania. Western Australia is OK too. Victoria and New South Wales are too expensive and too crowded (though not compared to southern England!) and Queensland and the Northern Territory are too humid in summer.

Ducking hurriedly to avoid the flak,

Kit
    If I had the money mate, I would.
    I expect some signs to go up in uk arrivals in a few years reading.....

'Welcome to mini China'.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    If I had the money mate, I would.
    I expect some signs to go up in uk arrivals in a few years reading.....

'Welcome to mini China'.
    Australia's pretty heavily tied to China, though we're having some arguments with them at the moment which may well have resulted in more cheap wine on your shelves.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Australia's pretty heavily tied to China, though we're having some arguments with them at the moment which may well have resulted in more cheap wine on your shelves.
    Ah yes but doesn't Aus pride itself on a work/life balance ethic?.
    There's no way they'd take on any of China's slave policies.

UK on the other hand would/will likely adopt ANY bad policies from ANY country if it was a condition of a trade related deal.

Anywho. 2 of my Aliex orders just arrived no problem via RM.
    1 of them cost me £3.68 and it was in a small parcel sized box.
    It would cost me that just to post it in the uk?????!!!!!!.
    Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Ah yes but doesn't Aus pride itself on a work/life balance ethic?.
    There's no way they'd take on any of China's slave policies.
    That's the traditional view, built during an era when the government's prime aim was full employment (not the fake-news "full employment" that governments talk about now), when unemployment rising to 2% was shocking headline news. People here now have the same work and financial pressures as the UK.

Best not to get me started on this subject Stick to machines and what to make with them

Kit

PS We do have better weather though and there are plenty of places to enjoy it on your day's off without queuing in traffic for 3 hours. Australia is still the best place on Earth for an English-speaking native in my view.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Hey guys. Actually, I agree with cropwell. This situation works well for us. Btw, do they still charge for it? Actually, the last time I've ordered smth on AliExpress was last year, and I'm not aware of the current situation. Tbh, I used to order a lot of things from there. I'd say I even had a small business. I can't tell exactly what I was selling, but I had a nice income. I even used a free pay stub generator to track my income and expenses. Anyway, now it's my wife's business because I don't have enough time to run it. So, gentlemen, keep this topic updated.
    Last edited by ExortPolt; 09-08-2022 at 11:29 AM.

It is still the same in UK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information