. .
    Hi,

I am based in North Yorkshire and wondered what machine makers people have experience of buying from and who you would recommend. I am buying for my wood and slate sign business so it will get a fair bit of use. I need more than a hobby machine I suspect? I just don't want to buy something and find I need to replace it soon after. It'll probably be running for about 4 hours a day , 10 - 20 signs a day.

Has anyone bought a machine from a builder in the North East? I was thinking of buying from Dave in Peterlee, anyone have a experience of the machines
    Have you found the accuracy X,Y,Z to be good? I am thinking of ordering one but thought I would take the chance to ask about them .Has purchased one. I am a complete newbie. I am making slate signs and probably the accuracy that is required for this isn't that great but as I am a beginner in CNC it's worth asking.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Chessfoss
    Speak to Dean on here he go's under the name of Jazzcnc he as a good reputation for building strong sturdy machines

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Has anyone bought a machine from a builder in the North East? I was thinking of buying from Dave in Peterlee, anyone have a experience of the machines
    Dean. Jazzcnc is over at Goole and builds a lot of machines. You can send a PM to him. He has 1000's of posts on here.

Edit: just seen Reelman post
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Dean. Jazzcnc is over at Goole and builds a lot of machines. You can send a PM to him. He has 1000's of posts on here.

Edit: just seen Reelman post
    Dean has loads of info and videos on here/ youtube. Whoever you get to build it, read up on motor types and controllers etc and you will know what you are getting for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by chessfoss View Post
    Have you found the accuracy X,Y,Z to be good? I am thinking of ordering one but thought I would take the chance to ask about them .Has purchased one. I am a complete newbie. I am making slate signs and probably the accuracy that is required for this isn't that great but as I am a beginner in CNC it's worth asking.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    First thanks Lads for the recommendations.

ChessFoss, Whatever you do DONT BUY what your thinking to buy as you will seriously regret it. I'm not saying this because I want to build you a machine, far from it, I'm very busy and probably can't build one quick enough for you anyway if you are wanting it in the next few weeks.
    I say it because I have experience of helping several folks who have bought what you thinking to buy and it's not good news. I can't contact you privately because you don't have enough posts yet but if you email me here I will happily give you my numbers and explain exactly what I know of them and what I found when I went to visit one.

I also happily discuss building a machine or just offer advice if that helps.

dean @ jazzcnc .co .uk
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information