. .

Thread: Newbie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	29400

Have you any indication what these switches are for?

I am struggling to see how the spindle control is wired. It looks as though PWM is used to provide 0v to the relay board, but the input goes through these switches.

Spent a little time going through the setting last night with no joy yet ( didn’t have much time as working out on site )

I really haven’t got a clue what these switches are for l? Iv tried toggling them in different positions but nothings yet.

I should be back in my factory Thursday so I’ll spend some more time on it then.

Thanks for all the help

Regards
    Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really cannot understand what the two switches and relay are meant to do.

First of all can I verify that PWM on the motion control card is connected to GND on the relay. I have a similar 4 relay board, but often they have different interface pin-out. The three unused sections of the relay board may have been something to do with coolant control. To me those switches and the relay board just look like clutter.

The only sense I could make is that if the connection to ground has been shifted across to PWM in error.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash88 View Post

I really haven’t got a clue what these switches are for l? Iv tried toggling them in different positions but nothings yet.

I have a machine from Bionica and last time I spoke to Cody for help, I asked him what those 2 buttons/switches were for and he said they were for when the machine was being used for CNC / Laser / Drag configuration modes or something along those lines. I have always kept mine set as they were when the machine was setup.

Could I ask, what grease/Lubrication do you use? I have a Pro Mill A1 machine. The grease they supplied me with me is nearly run out and I can't get in contact with them to get more. It has no marking so I'm not sure what or where to get more.

Its a shame they are getting bad reviews because they were great with me. Sorted all my questions and needs quickly. Seems from the reviews they have had a few problems?
    Last edited by Millatime16; 21-01-2021 at 01:13 PM.

In that situation I would probably go to Halfords and get a tub of the grease normally used for trailer wheel bearings.At the very least it will be better than nothing and at best you may have bought the same product you already had for a much better price.

I was going to ask the same question as mine didn’t come with any grease.

Could I ask which way you have your switches set?

Does anyone ever have a problem with there vfd just stopping the spindle half way through?
    Iv had it twice now, after around 15 mins it just turns the spindle off ( lucky I managed to catch it )
    Turned it back on and then stayed on for the next hour and half.

Il check what the wiring over the weekend

Thanks for your help
    Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Ash88 View Post
    I was going to ask the same question as mine didn’t come with any grease.

Could I ask which way you have your switches set?

Does anyone ever have a problem with there vfd just stopping the spindle half way through?
    Iv had it twice now, after around 15 mins it just turns the spindle off ( lucky I managed to catch it )
    Turned it back on and then stayed on for the next hour and half.

Il check what the wiring over the weekend

Thanks for your help
    Ash

If the VFD on/off is controlled by the controller then it could be electrical noise on the signal wires. To check this reset the VFD parameter for External control back to the front panel setting and use that to start/stop it. Leave it running and see if happens.

Re grease: Just use any lithium-based grease, DONT use graphite-based grease.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information