. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Please reply in a civil manner.
    You appear as a dick.

If You have factual concerns on anything I wrote, they are quite welcome.

I try to help people who may not have had access to such a wide variety of stuff, so that they can avoid some of the many mistakes I made.
    If You donīt like it, You are welcome to leave and be silent.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Do we really need to tolerate Hanermo's fantasy lathe ramblings again?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanermo2 View Post
    Please reply in a civil manner.
    You appear as a dick.

If You have factual concerns on anything I wrote, they are quite welcome.

I try to help people who may not have had access to such a wide variety of stuff, so that they can avoid some of the many mistakes I made.
    If You donīt like it, You are welcome to leave and be silent.
    I've been called worse, but at least I actually produce evidence that I have machines, not keep posting the same specs of a wonder lathe nobody has ever seen a single piece of evidence off. How long have you been posting about this wonder lathe? 10 years?
    NDA still your stock excuse for the lack of photos?

Anyway moving onto your post, it's maybe factually correct, but if you had read the thread, your commentary is off little or no use to the OP, who understands the limitations of his machine, and was looking for advice regarding pulley ratios, which turns out to be a limitation of the UC100.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

You seem to have built a marvel there Hanermo and clearly had significant problems to resolve along the way.

I on the other hand set out with a cheap and nasty Boxford Lathe with a view to conversion, and to learn the principles as I go.

X and Z were no hardship as I had previously converted a mill, so Mach 3 settings for those followed intuitively. Spindle speed control was not too difficult once I sussed out the workings of the lenze controller and with a cheap ebay BoB I can happily vary the spindle speed using pwm control .

It quickly became clear that the spindle sensors were not giving a great quality output but this too has now been overcome with an "off the peg" piece of kit. and now the encoder and spindle true readout work well. I sincerely thank forum members here for holding my hand and getting me to the stage I have now reached

I can now string a few wizards together to produce simple components but I had not initially given much consideration to the spindle pulleys. This lathe motor is hardly powerful so needs gearing to give decent torque and the inability of Mach 3 ICW the UC100 controller to handle spindle pulleys and threading has turned out to be a stone wall . It seems that Mach 4 gives much more versatility but currently does little to overcome this particular problem. Lack of an up to date manual does not help. Machsupport feel they can assist but as things stand we are stuck.

So this is where I am . One day maybe I will graduate to a more grand piece of machinery like your own, but at the moment it is my "old bike" that is the basis of my problem . When I learn to ride this one I will maybe move on to an all singing and dancing version like yours

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information