. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Yes it was this video of the Jazz CNC vertical table (and coveting the massive sheet cutters in B&Q that made me think of it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4STVbn_EMoc

That looks amazing - I could see me spending a lot of time in the workshop if I had that!
    If you like it, contact Dean with a PM. I am not sure if that is a 10x5 or an 8x4 cutting area
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I will send you my details in a PM but first, let me explain or clear this up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by adventuretrimarans View Post
    Ref the speed, I meant that if a machine requires multiple passes as it can't cut too deeply per pass and takes even a week per kit instead of a say a day, would present no issue as the numbers involved would not require one a week even for sure.
    I understand your thinking but you still need to be aware that no matter the depth the machine still needs to be able to move at a certain speed to cut correctly and if it can't then the depth doesn't matter. In fact, it's worse because the shallower the depth of cut the faster you need to travel to maintain the chip load the cutter requires to perform correctly and not start rubbing the material which causes heat and tool wear.
    Cutting deeper and slower is often better if the machine and spindle are strong enough to handle the forces but the machine is lacking velocity.

To see this play with a feeds & speeds calculator to get some idea of how changing one parameter affects another.
    https://app.fswizard.com/
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thanks Dean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information