. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    I'm suppose to be working aswell lol. It's a sprint 1200 v1.2. there are two terminals for the 0-10v signal. One been the signal and the other ground I'd imagine.
    The copy of the manual I found online suggest pin 61 is a +12V (10mA max) regulated supply. Check that is +12V wrt the common rail (99.9% convinced it will be) then use that +12/Com as the HV supply to the isolated 0-10V control. Double check when operating that you still have 12V on the HV supply (i.e. it's not being dragged down by excessive load), and check the HV output is ranged 0..10, and then when confident connect to the Pin-3 analogue input.

I'll pm the address to send the hobnob :)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the help doody, ordered the parts. I'll give it a try once the isolation board comes.

Got the board in the mail today. Wired it up works away fine :) I'm getting 8.5v max with 10v imputed. I'll play away with it a bit more and see can I get it closer to 10v on the output. Waiting on more bits from China to tackle those homing sensors. Thanks again Doody.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gTI93IFkSJ4?feature=share
    Last edited by JohnT; 08-07-2022 at 01:26 AM.

John,

You've peaked my interest. 0-8.5V... On the image of the isolation 0-10V board that I'd linked on Amazon - noting you could have ordered a different device, or the device delivered may well differ from the images... that withstanding, the image shows the PCB with a number of devices on the board. There's the LV side, and the HV side of the board. Behind the terminals on each side there's a large 3-pin TO220 device (big blob of black plastic, 3 pins to the board, and a metal tab on the arse-end for bolting to a heatsink if required. I'm guessing - and it is a guess - that these are series regulators. Could you check for a part number on the front face of these for both LV and HV sections. There's usually a couple of numbers at play - the lower one typically a date code, and the upper one typically the device part number. I'm guessing this may be of the form "LM7809". That number could help determine the options for adapting the output voltage swing. Also of interest - there's a 8-pin surface-mount device on the HV side (and another on the LV side) - the part number for that would also be of interest. Finally, there's a device straddling the LV/HV sections - looks like a 8-pin Opto-Isolator but could be something a little different - if that's not obscured by a QC sticker, then that part number is also interesting.

I'm wondering, if you currently have a 0-8.5V output, would that be better for you as 1.5-10V? (i.e. with a 1.5V offset) - to remove the very low speed control and give higher top-speed control?

There may be (and I've not checked) support with the Sprint board to calibrate to a max voltage for max speed - might be worth checking as well.
    Last edited by Doddy; 08-07-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Yes iv ordered a slightly different board. It has two input/outputs instead of one. Behind the two terminals they are
    L7818cv GKDEG V6 CHN 941
    8pin surface mount chips are unmarked aswell. Typical China lol

The two 8pin chips in the middle are blank, no ID.(I have the dual model)
    Iv mistakinly ordered the 5v5v version instead of the 12v12v version. But there are two pots on the board to alter output. It's maxed out at 8.5v. it states on the page you need 24-32v if you are using 0-10v. I have it hooked up 12v from the Bob (may need higher V)and a separate 24v PSU to the isolator board. Iv checked the sprint board and it has two pots for min and max speed.
    Last edited by JohnT; 08-07-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Got the board in the mail today. Wired it up works away fine :) I'm getting 8.5v max with 10v imputed. I'll play away with it a bit more and see can I get it closer to 10v on the output. Waiting on more bits from China to tackle those homing sensors. Thanks again Doody.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gTI93IFkSJ4?feature=share
    You won't get 10v out if you only put 10v in. You get voltage drop through the circuits. Needs at least 12v inputing.

No it's 10v inputted by the BOB's 0-10v . It's supplied with 12v from the Bob and 24v on the other side
    If the opto chips had an ID I could find out what pins has the 0-10v signal. My guess the 12v power from the Bob isn't enough
    Last edited by JohnT; 08-07-2022 at 12:19 PM.

The 7818 is an 18V regulator - operating with an input voltage of 12V clearly it's not going to function well - downstream of that you'll suffer the forward voltage drop across the reg.

JohnT, I'd use the Sprint Min/Max pot settings to get full range - think that's where your thoughts are, too.

Personally I'd probably remove the HV regulator and just connect pins 1 and 3 together (Vin to Vout) and rely on the Sprint's internal regulated supply - it'd almost certainly be fine, but.... min/max pot is fine.

Ill have a play around with the min/max pots. I won't be using the lower speeds really.

Finally got some time with this. Homing is now working.just need to fine tune it. I managed to blow the relay side of the control board(Bob) messing with the spindle output. New one ordered :) that comparator board seems to be working very well Doody.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information