. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. thanks, im going to build the mashine out of metal as i got a access to metal working tools im using ball bearings on steel rods for rails the timing belt pulley will be sprung to keep it pulled apart tight i will be posting pictures.

2. two timing belts one at each side i have 4 motors. 2 for y the main arm with two timing belts and one for the x and one for the z up and down with can be on a screw rod.

im using it for wooden and plastic signs i own my own company. thanks

3. well im of to bed i will look tomorow morning and see if there is any ansers thanks for you time irving 2008 and tribbles, good night

That sounds like a plan. I wouldn't like to use a timing belt for the Z-axis (not without a torquey motor!).

I tried timing belts for my prototype, but I didn't have the steppers driven correctly so I abandoned that approach because it was too jerky. I know what I did wrong, so there's nothing wrong with that approach.

Best of luck!

5. if you are using two leadscrews for the Y I'd consider driving them with one motor driving through two pulleys, rather than two motors. I know of some who have made two motors work, but IMHO its a lot easier to ensure the leadscrews are driven equally by a mechanical coupling.

6. 2 motors means more power it was recomended to me so i brought a 4 axes driver and 4 425oz inch motors to drive it thanks

7. im using mach 3 software which i confusing getting there

when i set my board for 1/8 turn 123rpm 15v to 24v 123rpm any faster it stalles and jerks

when i set my board for 1/2 it runs at 500rpm but no power it stalles easy

sorry about my spelling

thanks

8. running it at 36 voilts will it make much differances the power supplies are about £50 on ebay

9. i read about the toshiba chip exploding when he put 36v though the spec sheet says 40v

10. i was going to run it from two timing belts each side of the carage the carage will be fixed to the belts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information