. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first attempt acrylic (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	29582
    it could be some of the problem Doddy, but i can see the same pattern in this acrylic test, same settings just different material.

But all in all i am chuffed to bits with the fact the thing works, i do have one more question - who am i kidding, like its going t be the last question!!!

i cut a complex pocket file with lots of short moves and direction changes and the noise/resonance from the steppers was horrible, the file cut ok but seemed to be rattling the fillings out of the machine, can i tune some of this out playing with the stepper tuning?

steve

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    That looks like some quite bad backlash.
    I'd start with measuring to see what backlash there is, before worrying about any tuning.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

After you check the backlash you might check the acceleration setting in your controller software as well. Winding this back will increase the cuting time for complex shapes but reduce the shaking.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information