. .

Thread: my cnc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Colin,

I think Clive has you covered with technical help. I'll offer some experience based help - have you tried running it without the wood in place? You might spot the issue that way :) Make sure your limit switches are in place however!

Either way - buona fortuna! 👌

Hi Clive here are 2 pictures the second one being the ugs is the one i use the most unless you can think of a better one, anyway i thank you for your patient but please if you get to a point where youve had enough or you cant do any more please let me know i do understand just how problematic some of these things can be.
    Best regards. ColinClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Candle cnc control.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	29469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	universal gcode sender.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	29470

HHi thanks no i have not tried that and unfortunately i dont have any limit switches in place and good luck to you too
    Take care Colin

Quote Originally Posted by SPIKE View Post
    Hi Clive here are 2 pictures the second one being the ugs is the one i use the most unless you can think of a better one, anyway i thank you for your patient but please if you get to a point where youve had enough or you cant do any more please let me know i do understand just how problematic some of these things can be.
    Best regards. ColinClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Candle cnc control.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	29469Click image for larger version. 

Views:	84 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	29470
    Colin As I have said I have never seen this software but I will have a go:-
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	71 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	29471

Ok
    in yellow is the DRO when you jog down in Z| does the Z readout go more -ve ??

In Green I presume that the feed rate (now set at 991) is where you will change the cutting speed in mm/min the setting at present is way too fast so set that to 100 as a start.

The step size I think is the jog increment for X and Y The same for the Z So if the Z is set at 1 it should move 1mm for every press of the button.

In Blue that is to set the home position ( can be anywhere) but best set at one end of the axis ( say the left side for X and towards you for Y) Set to near the top of the Z

In Red I am not sure but it looks like you set that at the top of the part corner. When you do that it should make the DRO zero then if you jog the machine ie. 20mm the DRO should read 20 and the actual physical distance should be 20mm travelled. If it has not travelled the correct distance you have another problem to fix.

Please be as concise as you can. Is the above what you are actually doing?

Clive.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

well done my friend you got it all correct that is what all the parts that you marked is correct thank you i have now changes from 991 to 100 set zero as you discribed as i always have done but i did find that my z plunge rate was 3333.33mm/min so ive altered that but i am trying to find a good cnc control software.
    I really do Appreciate Colin

well done my friend you got it all correct that is what all the parts that you marked is correct thank you i have now changes from 991 to 100 set zero as you discribed as i always have done but i did find that my z plunge rate was 3333.33mm/min so ive altered that but i am trying to find a good cnc control software.
    I really do Appreciate Colin
    Ok does that mean you have it working?

You have not answered the questions .

Does the Z readout go -ve going down?

Does the machine move the correct commanded distance on all axis?
    ..Clive

Sorry my bad the machine works 99% it is just the z axis, if i set the jog to move say up or down say 1mm jog at a time when i send the information to the cnc or just jog the spindle it will move about 2cm instead of 1mm up or down now thats in jog mode or milling i hope iv'e explaining this correct
    please for give my ignorence when you say Z readout go -ve going down i dont quite understand
    take care Colin

Sorry my bad the machine works 99% it is just the z axis, if i set the jog to move say up or down say 1mm jog at a time when i send the information to the cnc or just jog the spindle it will move about 2cm instead of 1mm up or down now thats in jog mode or milling i hope iv'e explaining this correct
    please for give my ignorence when you say Z readout go -ve going down i dont quite understand
    take care Colin
    I asked this question here.
    In Red I am not sure but it looks like you set that at the top of the part corner. When you do that it should make the DRO zero then if you jog the machine ie. 20mm the DRO should read 20 and the actual physical distance should be 20mm travelled. If it has not travelled the correct distance you have another problem to fix.
    Are you saying that if you command the Z axis to move down 1mm it actually moves 20mm !! Is so does the DRO show 20 or 1

when you zero the Z (it should show 0.000) and move the Z down does it put a - sign in front ie. -20.00?

Please just answer the above 3 points.
    ..Clive

im really sorry Clive for all this mess. Right in red yes i move the spindle to where i think zero should be the zero point , if i say moving the zero is 1mm the clock count in red reads 1mm when i move all xyz 1mm xandy move as it should set zero home position then the count in red returns to a zero readout. If i tell it to jog on the z axsis 1mm and press run the spindle runs about 20mm but on the readout red screen it says it has run only 1mm so that reads correct but the spindle is wrong
    The DRO if set to 1mm will show only 1mm.
    if i zero the DRO Then run 1mm then move down it doesent show any aditianal numbers. hear is a link to my you tube page with a ideo i took to try to help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=din0GjuplG0
    All the best Colin

Lives in Belgrade, Serbia. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 48. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    If your DRO shows 1mm Z movement and your actual movement is 20mm, you have wrong steps per mm so you have to calibrate your axes:

$100 = 42.610 (X-axis travel resolution, step/mm)
    $101 = 42.610 (Y-axis travel resolution, step/mm)
    $102 = 1060.00 (Z-axis travel resolution, step/mm)

Whatever you have in parameter $102, divide by 20 and write it back to the controller (arduino :)):
    $102=newly calculated value.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information