. .
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Back once again! I’m not a good forum member am I? So sporadic! But I’ve been busy planning my loft conversion.

Anyhow, I thought I’d try a box joint mini project just to get my eye in for when I need to do something proper.

Used the Aspire box creator gadget and with a little jiggery pokerey it works pretty well. Here is my effort. Looking forward to putting it to decent use rather than a sealed mdf box…. Can’t even burn that on my fire!

https://youtu.be/cdWgKo-65-4

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilsbury For This Useful Post:

Looking good mate, nice to see you back again.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

So, I was looking for a project that didn’t look “too CNC” but mainly used the CNC!…..

So I used the CNC for damn near everything, even when it didn’t warrant it! Christ knows what I’m going to use this for….. CNC bits???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07682829-354A-49E7-A2B4-249C7CBB81E0.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	30710

Name:	C81B439E-4AC9-481E-8E0E-E1E760F2542E.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	344.6 KB 
ID:	30711

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    So, I was looking for a project that didn’t look “too CNC” but mainly used the CNC!…..

So I used the CNC for damn near everything, even when it didn’t warrant it! Christ knows what I’m going to use this for….. CNC bits???

Name:	07682829-354A-49E7-A2B4-249C7CBB81E0.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	30710

Name:	C81B439E-4AC9-481E-8E0E-E1E760F2542E.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	344.6 KB 
ID:	30711
    Or you could build a replica Victorian pharmacy (and make a TV series). Very nice work!
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Ha! Yes…. It is an apothecary cabinet. Maybe I can store those miniature spirits and medicate myself as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post

Excellent work as a usual mucker, nice to see you are exploring what the machine can do. Could always throw a few draws away and turn it into an advent calendar....
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Its too clean to be a proper workshop. No dust, no clutter. Great looking CNC machine.
    Mine has just arrived yesterday Genmitsu 3018 prover. Will put it together this weekend and see how it goes. Planning on using if fro PCB's and making hands for antique clocks.

I’ve been out of my workshop for the best part of 12 months doing my loft conversion. On the home straight now with a mere couple of months to go, so will be back trying to think of a monster project to furnish the new room.

However, a friend is retiring from Fire Control and people wanted a chopping board retirement gift. So thought I’d just “bang one out”. Didn’t quite turn out like that as I felt like I had to relearn a load of stuff being off the machine for so long! I even cut the plug the same as the pocket and not reversed. That was a £20 oak mistake!

Here’s the video - from a CNC perspective, half way through is that. The first part is just the making of the boards.

https://youtu.be/1HYHka0fDis

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilsbury For This Useful Post:

Back again with a new project. This one took several months due to some near disasters with the electronics side of things….. had it all gone wrong it would have been a few hundred quid down the drain…. I never knew what a “smart table” was until I saw a Russian and a Chinese guy make one…..

https://youtu.be/L82zj9mbCQY

Your bench is a lot tidier than mine. I won't post a photo as i'll probably get arrested for something or other!!

Cheers
    Andrew

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information