. .
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    I've been on this forum since April 2020, asked a few daft questions, got my head around what I'm after and have recently collected and set up my new machine.... Maybe you know the chap who made it?..... Goes by the name Jazz something or other.....

Anyhow, after many lengthy emails and conversations discussing needs/wants type of build, this Jazz bloke who also likes to be called Dean has rustled a few part together to produce my first CNC. Feels solid as a rock and weighs more than one too. Me and 3 mates were at our limit lugging this brute into my workshop.

Just like to say a massive thanks to Dean for all the info, the 4 hours I spent with him 'upt North showing me the ropes. Has got me off to a cracking start and he is a top bloke to boot. I'd gladly recommend anyone chatting to Dean to see if he can build something to their needs. Can't see you going wrong really with the knowledge he has.

Anyhow, here are a couple of pics and I even tidied my workshop up all special like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	1472 
Size:	361.5 KB 
ID:	29503

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	1269 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	29504

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pilsbury For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I surely hope that you sent him box of PG tips he will appreciate that. 🤔😊🔥
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I surely hope that you sent him box of PG tips he will appreciate that. 🤔😊🔥
    Now you know it's HobKnobs that get the most appreciation and you can stick those PG tips where the monkey can't reach them.! . . . Yorkshire tea or nothing..
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Too clean

Thanks for posting Pilsbury. As someone somewhat further down the waiting list for one of these machines, I was hoping to get an early glimpse of one on this forum.

Certainly is tidy. But please we want more......photos, video, impressions. Good luck as you take your first steps into CNC

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewg View Post
    Thanks for posting Pilsbury. As someone somewhat further down the waiting list for one of these machines, I was hoping to get an early glimpse of one on this forum.

Certainly is tidy. But please we want more......photos, video, impressions. Good luck as you take your first steps into CNC
    It's happening Andrew we are working through the list nicely, this was the first out the door, the second one went on Friday. We have machines scattered around the new workshop in various build states as Pilsbury will confirm. It will be worth the wait.

And I tidied my workshop up as well

Name:	IMG_20210207_150219.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	357.5 KB 
ID:	29510

BTW Jazz, Bottom right of the photo is a jar of double cable insulated bootlace ferrules - neater than an uninsulated one.

Cheers,

Rob

Very neat! Nice to see Dean using some of the same design ideas as me
    I like the bespoke furniture making the best use of limited space.

I tried to tidy up... a bit.

Name:	CNC-1.jpg 
Views:	893 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	29511
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewg View Post

Ok then, more photos coming soon as I’m mid way cutting my first “proper piece” 😉

But some first impressions. Heavy. Very bloody heavy. Sure Dean may correct me, but my guess is 400kg. All parts are heavy duty, either thick steel box section for the frame or milled aluminium....guessing over 1/2” thick. Totally rigid which is key to accuracy and decent cuts. Ploughs through the wood I’ve presented it with and I bet I’m cutting conservatively. Can cut aluminium as shown by Dean’s test piece he gave me. I’ll save aluminium for a later date. Electrics wise, I know little about, except to say the electric enclosure is neat, tidy and well laid out. Certainly not a worm’s wedding!

I’ve had zero mishaps, no broken bits, no issues at all and I’ve done a fair bit of cutting now. But that must be down to my extensive CNC experience (5 hours) 😉

Perhaps tomorrow when I’ve finished my current piece, I’ll post some photos of my efforts so far. Promise to be gentle.... I’ll also some more machine photos

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilsbury For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    BTW Jazz, Bottom right of the photo is a jar of double cable insulated bootlace ferrules - neater than an uninsulated one.

Cheers,

Rob
    Don't really get the gist of what your meaning by this Rob.?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Very neat! Nice to see Dean using some of the same design ideas as me
    Erm, I'm struggling to see any correlation Kit other than both use Steel and water-cooled spindle.?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    But some first impressions. Heavy. Very bloody heavy. Sure Dean may correct me, but my guess is 400kg. All parts are heavy duty, either thick steel box section for the frame or milled aluminium....guessing over 1/2” thick.
    Well, Solid Works say 265Kg but I've got a feeling that was calculated using a 3mm wall tube and we have used 4 and 5mm with a scattering 10mm steel plate for things like gantry sides. The aluminum parts are a mixture of 10mm, 15mm, and 20mm. I'm thinking the extra 100kg+ discrepancy could be the powder coating...

I haven't actually weighed a finished machine yet because soon as they are finished I'm trying to get them out the door, just don't drop it on your toe is my advice...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information