. .
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    I hate to poop on your parade, but in my limited opinion, that bench won’t cut it unless you brace the hell out of it. This thing shifts it’s weight around something chronic!
    I was minded to say something similar about the bench.

All this discusion of machines jerking around reminded me (as I briefly mentioned above) of the so-called "s-curve" trajectory planning that uses varying as opposed to fixed acceleration rates. The G2Core software (which will run on an Arduino DUE board) from Synthetos includes this and I had a look at using it a few years ago but didn't persue it. For anyone interested there's an explanation on the G2Core wiki at the address below. Presumably this sort of control is implemented in some of the more expensive software but is not yet used in LinuxCNC, MACH3 or UCCNC as far as I can tell from a search on various forums. UGS will drive G2Core but only via USB I think.

https://github.com/synthetos/g2/wiki...tion-Explained
    Last edited by Kitwn; 12-02-2021 at 02:48 AM.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Looks like a good solid build.
    Am looking into buying a CNC i think i have now found my dream machine :)
    What are you using VCarve Pro?

Using Aspire - which is basically the same with some design stuff added.

As for dream machine - seems to be working very well - I think you'd be hard pushed to get better bang for your buck. Give Dean a call or message. Think you'll be on a waiting list. But heeegh, I waited 6 months. Glad I did. Gave me plenty of time to research the hell out of stuff.

I've also updated that little promo video to cut out some of my nonsence rambling. Added a shot of a nice new little toy in it... Thanks Dean

Feel free to use for JazzCNC promotion
    Last edited by Pilsbury; 15-02-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by didineedthis View Post
    Looks like a good solid build.
    Am looking into buying a CNC i think i have now found my dream machine :)
    What are you using VCarve Pro?
    Welcome to the forum. What is your dream machine ?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    What is your dream machine ?
    The one in this thread that belongs to Pilsbury :)

Quote Originally Posted by didineedthis View Post
    Thanks!

The one in this thread that belongs to Pilsbury :)
    Naahhh. You want the machine that belongs to me.

Oh, sorry! You said 'dream' not 'nightmare'.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

I've been on this forum since April 2020, asked a few daft questions, got my head around what I'm after and have recently collected and set up my new machine.... Maybe you know the chap who made it?..... Goes by the name Jazz something or other.....

Anyhow, after many lengthy emails and conversations discussing needs/wants type of build, this Jazz bloke who also likes to be called Dean has rustled a few part together to produce my first CNC. Feels solid as a rock and weighs more than one too. Me and 3 mates were at our limit lugging this brute into my workshop.

Just like to say a massive thanks to Dean for all the info, the 4 hours I spent with him 'upt North showing me the ropes. Has got me off to a cracking start and he is a top bloke to boot. I'd gladly recommend anyone chatting to Dean to see if he can build something to their needs. Can't see you going wrong really with the knowledge he has.

Anyhow, here are a couple of pics and I even tidied my workshop up all special like.

Attachment 29503
    Attachment 29504
    Very nice machine and shed, but everything looks so clean and sterile, like nothing has been used before. I wish I could keep my place this clean. OK, my CNC is just as clean, but that's in my normal home office/hobby room/electronic workshop, my other machines, like drill, saw and so on is in a hobby workshop, where it is clean to be a workshop, but not as sterile as your place. I like clean work spaces, so I honestly envy you for the cleanliness.

Yes, it is indeed a shed. Although the base is solid, slabs, 4x2, boards and ply on top, the machine still wobbles a bit as it’s doing it’s thing due to the weight and swift movements. A job for the future is to move it, cut through the shed base, dig down and fill holes with concrete so the 4 legs each have their own solid pad.
    You can also consider doing what I did.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/14390...-heavy-DIY-CNC

I would just try to lower it from the castors to the floor and let it rest on some extra wooden blocks. To me it was a big improvement when I did that. It is less dramatic than having to do what you plan to do, but of course, if the floor you have is not stable enough, then you might need to reinforce it, but I would still not bolt the machine to the floor, or to any concrete pads.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Very nice machine and shed, but everything looks so clean and sterile, like nothing has been used before. I wish I could keep my place this clean. OK, my CNC is just as clean, but that's in my normal home office/hobby room/electronic workshop, my other machines, like drill, saw and so on is in a hobby workshop, where it is clean to be a workshop, but not as sterile as your place. I like clean work spaces, so I honestly envy you for the cleanliness.
    I have in the past worked in mess. You get used to it. My workshop is small, 120² ft. I’ve got lots in there so it needs to be tidy. At the end of each day I whip round and tidy up. Therapeutic! The next day when I go in it’s fresh and tidy..... keeps my mind fresh and tidy!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information