Not sure where this thread should reside so here it is and I can shift it to the correct one when I know where it should be.

Here goes; I have a VM32L. I'm not sure I want to dive right in and convert it straight away as I have too much to learn about milling in general first.

However, I do know I need to make a couple of mods before I can use it. I have some mobility/ movement issues and reaching for the X, and Z-axis handwheels prove problematic. I knew this would crop up before buying the mill, but, I am determined to find a solution to my 'problem'.

So, My thinking is to fit power feeds to both X & Z but (and it's a big BUT) I am under the impression that moving the table or head manually is not best practice. I envisage fitting clutches of some description to allow me to use it in 'manual' mode.

I can use the mill to make mounting plates etc., but I have no access to a lathe yet so will have to engage a friendly turner for round things.

I am open to any suggestions on how to accomplish this. If I get it right, conversion to full CNC further down the road will not involve scrapping motors, drivers etc.

I have been looking at YouTube conversions and have found everything from wiper motors, cordless drill motors to full commercial units being used.

Thanks in advance.