Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Just seemed to stop working for no visible reason. No DC to motor at all

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCL circuit 1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	29524..

Ignore the red circle here, the culprit stuff is at the RHS of the circuit

Mains supplies into it seem sound at 245 v on my cheap multimeter.
    Analog voltage input correct . But motor will just not start. (have tried a seperate input from rheostat which I have used to test before and still no go)

Have tried on both linux cnc , and also on Mach 3 (on seperate computers) and still no Joy

Transformer on iso board gives 2 x 120v outputs but nothing at all at outputs A,B,C, at the other end of the board, and of course all the electronics are totally beyond me.

Any ideas please anyone ??

not very helpful i know but i had mine die the other month and just ended up replacing it with a 60v switch mode and a cheap dc motor controller
    i suspect if the lenze isn't popping the CB in the back of the machine its in better shape than mine was

I am hoping that I can save the lenze system..
    Maybe just so I have more to spend on my next project

John
    Are you saying there is no 0 to 10volts coming out of the isolation board which is attached to the end of the lenze controller ?
    If so disconnect the isolation board to the lenze controller and connect your test potentiometer directly to the lenze controller
    The spec for the lenze controller is on line a google search finds its instantly
    For testing purposes you can use a 3 volt cell to feed an input into the lenze
    Also note that there is a pair of terminals which must be bridged together to allow the lenze to work
    I used these to connect to the relay on my BoB to turn the spindle on/off and then the voltage from the battery will set a speed or alternative to the battery is the potentiometer
    Just be careful as the terminals for the potentiometer are floating at around 110volts at speeds zero to 120 volts at full speed
    This is the purpose of the isolation board to but a isolated ‘bridge’ between the BOB and the lenses controllers high voltage

On my boxford vmc190 the lenze was perfect but the isolation board was toast
    I used a diycnc.com board to provide the isolation between the lenze and the BoB

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lahdiel View Post
    not very helpful i know but i had mine die the other month and just ended up replacing it with a 60v switch mode and a cheap dc motor controller
    i suspect if the lenze isn't popping the CB in the back of the machine its in better shape than mine was
    Is this the type of controller you are using lahdiel
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400W-Adju...Cclp%3A2334524
    I have tried one in the interim and it seems to handle my TCL motor although I am not trying to flogg it .
    Havent tried it yet with cutting loads .

Ran it today and at about 40 % with a pully gearing of about 1- 2.5 and it ran fine . Switched on by my Bob relay, and handled some pretty reasonable cutting loads without stalling or apparently overheating and its on board fuse did not appear to be challenged by half an hour of running.
    So it will allow me to play while I decide on a more permanent option.

Looks pretty uncomplicated inside too . It has a pot too so wonder if PWM could be added instead .
    Clearly it is not designed to handle the TCL Motor but wonse what it might take to build a beefed up version.

But then several hours later i tried again
    Bang, tripped electricity , blew its own internal fuse , so clearly not quite up to the task.

Any better suggestions anyone ?

There are controllers for treadmills for not silly bucks .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-PCS-Bra...53.m1438.l2649

Anyone got experience of them?

well, actually mines for the spindle of a 190vmc not a lathe, i'm using a dc powered pwm controller

Quote Originally Posted by Lahdiel View Post
    well, actually mines for the spindle of a 190vmc not a lathe, i'm using a dc powered pwm controller
    Where did you source yours Lahdiel

Was looking at this
    https://inverterdrive.com/group/DC-T...n-Isolated-1Q/

Guys at inverterdrive reckon it should handle the motor which I believe is 490 w , so will report back .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information