Good evening all,

I'm using Leadshine's AM882 drivers on 3N.m steppers and am at the point of tuning them all up using Leadshine's ProTuner Software. What I can't understand is the current/phase is stated at 2.1A but can't for the life of me work out if the amp setting in ProTuner is asking me to put in the value per phase or the total value required by both phases combined. I'm running these drivers/steppers at 68v.

I'd be grateful to find out.

This only came to light this evening as it looks like my machine lost some steps somewhere tonight. I've been running the machine without my new dust boot and everything comes out to within 0.05mm but I added my self made dust boot with fairly rigid bristles (rigid compared to a soft paintbrush) to run a program and it definitely caused some loss of position. I suspect the bristles may be causing the issue but at present my drives are set to 2.1A in ProTuner. If it's a lack of amps going to the motors then I can up the amperage but if 2.1A is the correct value to use then I'll have to make a new softer bristle plate for the dust boot. I should mention that I ran the program 4 times, twice with the dust boot on and had geometric errors in the same places then twice without the dust boot both of these were perfect but I was caked in Trespa dust, which I really hate.

Thanks for reading this I really like to know what the score is with this because I can't stand being next to the machine with a hoover hose trying to catch all the dust/chips flying out.

Here's what I mean as an illustration....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	which_current.png 
Views:	210 
Size:	364.1 KB 
ID:	29533