. .
    Hi there,

I managed to find a few hours to jump onto my new machine and have a go at some two sided machining today. I followed some tutorials on how to set up my stock and workspace for two sided machining using 5mm steel dowels as locating pins so that everything lines up nicely when I flip the blank over and machine the top of the guitar after having done the back. It worked better than I had hoped and its given me the confidence to have a go and try something full size in the near future !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stratfront.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	29823Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stratback.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	29824

Nice. Looks damn decent. I too am a Jazz CNC baby..... I have not ventured into 2 sided projects yet but you have piqued my interest.

But I can’t let you beat me. I’m gonna have to go 4 sided project

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    Nice. Looks damn decent. I too am a Jazz CNC baby..... I have not ventured into 2 sided projects yet but you have piqued my interest.

But I can’t let you beat me. I’m gonna have to go 4 sided project
    And nobody's going to beat me, I'm going into the 5th dimension! Come to think of it some people think I'm there already

That's a great looking mini strat body, I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the finished full-sized instrument. What software are you using for this?

Kit

PS Unfortunately one of the things you CANNOT make with a CNC router (even a JAZZCNC one) is a pair of EL34s.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Hi Kit,

Thanks for the comment. This one done in Fusion 360 , imported the model as a step file and created the G Code in the Manufacture side of Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    And nobody's going to beat me, I'm going into the 5th dimension! Come to think of it some people think I'm there already

That's a great looking mini strat body, I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the finished full-sized instrument. What software are you using for this?

Kit

PS Unfortunately one of the things you CANNOT make with a CNC router (even a JAZZCNC one) is a pair of EL34s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Please do not warp the Space-Time Continuum on your journey.

I'm more into string theory. At least, that's how bits of my router are held on...

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I'm more into string theory. At least, that's how bits of my router are held on...
    Is that C5 or C3 string theory.? we don't want any backlash...
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I didn't realise you'd copied my design! Just dont go hawking your strange ideas on the forum.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Thread Information