. .
    Morning chaps!

So, my VFD has decided to crap out on me and in need of a replacement before monday ASAP. in the meantime i have 4 of the below VFD would these work and if so can somone help me get it wired up. start stop would be fine but would look at going into speed control.

my Spindle is a 4.5Kw

This is the inverter i have which is above the spindle the other ones are only 4s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3786.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	29676

Manual http://www.mke.co.uk/files/abbach550hvacusermanual.pdf

I will need to do a factory reset as this was installed on site for a pump

any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by D-man; 06-03-2021 at 12:10 PM.

This is my old VFD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3783.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	29677  

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Would be useful to know where you are based. I've got some stuff but not sure if I'm nearby at all.

If your motor is only 4.5kW and you have some 5.5kW VFDs, you should be fine. The voltages look suitable unless I missed something. The old VFD was only being used at half of rated power but should have been fine there.

Obvs you need to set up the new VFD with the nameplate numbers from the motor. Usually stuff like max phase current, max frequency, number of poles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Would be useful to know where you are based. I've got some stuff but not sure if I'm nearby at all.
    I’m in newcastle mate, if I can’t get up and running I’ll give you a shout, but should be ok. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzer View Post
    If your motor is only 4.5kW and you have some 5.5kW VFDs, you should be fine. The voltages look suitable unless I missed something. The old VFD was only being used at half of rated power but should have been fine there.

Obvs you need to set up the new VFD with the nameplate numbers from the motor. Usually stuff like max phase current, max frequency, number of poles etc.
    Cheers, I’ll give it a go tomorrow. I’m just trying to get through the manual. Looks ok to be fair but the speed control looks a little complicated from the Chinese ones

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    I’m in newcastle mate, if I can’t get up and running I’ll give you a shout, but should be ok. Fingers crossed
    OK, Im in Oxford, so not near at all. Hopefully you can get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    OK, Im in Oxford, so not near at all. Hopefully you can get going.
    its only a stone throw away pal haha appreciate it all the same

Thread Information