. .
    I've not been using my CNC Router much for some time so decided to give it to my nephew (he is over 20 and into woodworking so not a kid). When i took it over, the PC decided it had given up the ghost so i went back with a newer PC that i was using for my laser until recently. This PC is running on Win7 64 Bit so i tried everything until i found out 64 bit is the problem.
    So, i'm deciding whether i can find an old PC that will work or change to a new controller box (which seems like the simplest option). Is there anywhere that will sell me a USB black controller box to run this off? I can find full CNC's on Ebay and Amazon but no Controller box options.
    Thanks for any help

Just instal win7 32 bit. Must be the easiest solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought of that depronman, but i'm not 100% if the problem is only the Operating System or if there's an issue in the controller too so thought about trying a new controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne B View Post
    Is there anywhere that will sell me a USB black controller box to run this off? I can find full CNC's on Ebay and Amazon but no Controller box options.
    Thanks for any help
    Mainly semi-functional crap from China, buy something from a company with a website, support forum and some customer service, as with so many things the instinct to be cheap will cost you money in the long term.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

When you say you want a new controller are you just meaning the motion control card side or the whole control box with drives and everything else.? there's a big difference.!

To help properly then more info about the machine and what you have already would be required, it's not something we can guess at.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information