. .

Thread: 3d touch probe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lives in Lytham St. Annes, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Hours Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 417. Received thanks 61 times, giving thanks to others 10 times.
    My Renishaw has a cable, so I have to plug it in each time I need to set something up on my machine. That's a PITA but it allows excellent setup which is more accurate and repeatable than a mechanical edge finder or (Haimer clone) 3D indicator. Overall I can't complain!

Another solution would be an add-on wireless adaptor like the Xoomspeed product https://shop.xoomspeed.com/products/...11877005295663

Bear in mind you need a probe in addition to the wireless kit. He developed this so that he could use his probe in a Tormach ATC.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzer View Post
    My Renishaw has a cable, so I have to plug it in each time I need to set something up on my machine. That's a PITA but it allows excellent setup which is more accurate and repeatable than a mechanical edge finder or (Haimer clone) 3D indicator. Overall I can't complain!

Another solution would be an add-on wireless adaptor like the Xoomspeed product https://shop.xoomspeed.com/products/...11877005295663

Bear in mind you need a probe in addition to the wireless kit. He developed this so that he could use his probe in a Tormach ATC.
    I thought it might be a PITA that is why I am quite tempted by the Vers.by wireless one at £215 not bad, I guess plus vat and duty it will be £300. So could be a bargain in comparison to a probe plus the wireless adaptor thingy.

Will keep my eyes peeled on ebay too as always.

Also wondering about probing plugins for UCCNC like probe It and stuff.

Ollie
    Last edited by Ollie78; 23-10-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie78 View Post
    Also wondering about probing plugins for UCCNC like probe It and stuff.

Ollie
    You don't need a plugin - UCCNC has its own set of probing macros. It's a bit fiddly to work out how they operate but I fnd them find fine and use them with my somewhat crude probe. A_Camera on this forum has written an alternative set of macros which he says are more intuitive. I've not looked at them myself but you might like to try them if you find the UCCNC probing a bit awkward.

I'm grateful for the pointer to these fairly cheap probes. Personally I would be happy with the wired version as mine stays permanently plugged in and just sits to one side of the enclosure ready for use. My existing probe is very fiddly to set zero, but has the advantage that I can make crude replacement probes on the lathe. I seem to get through one of these every few months...

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    You don't need a plugin - UCCNC has its own set of probing macros. It's a bit fiddly to work out how they operate but I fnd them find fine and use them with my somewhat crude probe. A_Camera on this forum has written an alternative set of macros which he says are more intuitive. I've not looked at them myself but you might like to try them if you find the UCCNC probing a bit awkward.

I'm grateful for the pointer to these fairly cheap probes. Personally I would be happy with the wired version as mine stays permanently plugged in and just sits to one side of the enclosure ready for use. My existing probe is very fiddly to set zero, but has the advantage that I can make crude replacement probes on the lathe. I seem to get through one of these every few months...
    Cheers Neale

I was sure there was something in UCCNC but having no probe yet not explored it.

I fancy wireless because both my current and incoming routers are quite large bed area and I can just see long trailing wires doing my head in.

Ollie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information