. .

Thread: 3d touch probe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am wanting to buy a 3d touch probe like this to work with uccnc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproo....c100930.m5375

Can anyone suggest a good uk based probe supplier. Thanks

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Last time I checked, there weren't any.

Last 3 probes I've bought, have been from across the pond.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Oh ok. What one would you recommend?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    My original one was from Deepgroove, but they've stopped selling them.
    It's had a lot of abuse on my digitizing machine, and still calibrates perfectly even after managing to bend the probe by running it into the bed...

Last two have been from imsrv - http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/imsrv/Pr...=p4634.c0.m322
    However I have an adjustable one, which they don't appear to list any more.

Personally, I'd buy from whatever eBay seller has a probe with the features you'd like. As long as they're part of the eBay global shipping, all taxes are paid upfront, and it's tracked once it reaches the eBay shipping centre.

There are a few plans floating around for building touch probes, it's just I'd rather buy something that works, than spend days making one.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Lytham St. Annes, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 412. Received thanks 59 times, giving thanks to others 10 times.
    Keep watching ebay and something will come up. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...c&LH_PrefLoc=1

I got an old Renishaw MP1s for something like £160 and fitted a cable to it (originally wireless). It's a really nice probe and far more accurate than my machine will ever be. And you can buy spare tips from China for <£20 "just in case".

Does it have to be UK based ? I've been using one of these for the past couple of years and can't fault it. Cliff is also a great guy to deal with.

https://hallmarkdesign.co.nz/probe

I bought the one from Poland that the OP linked - delivered quickly without fuss, and the seller responded quickly to a question raised afterwards (I'd rubbed the inked +/-/Signal idents off on installation and needed the colours confirmed).

Don't be afraid to order from the mainland.

Daddy, whats your opinion on that one. The only reason I was looking for uk suppliers is because of import tax etc, and not knowing how much it will actually cost in total

Son, I like it, quite well built for the price, with readily replaceable probes. Repeatable to 0.01 on mine according to UCCNC. But isn’t pre calibrated. It’s certainly good enough for what my needs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks mate. Looks like I'll go for that one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information