. .
    Hi all,I’m new to the site 👋. I’m going to be starting a new little business using a CNC machine and I’m struggling with the many options out there.
    I will be cutting mainly wood, to use as wall art and also some table tops.
    I’d like (as most would) a large a bed as possible so I don’t have to upgrade down the line and also so it doesn’t limit the size of my pieces I want to produce.
    I’m looking at a machine that is 2mx1.5m and built in the UK. I found the company on EBay and they seem to have plenty of sales and good feedbacks. Their name on there is ‘startup101’ they only make and sell CNC machines and here is the link to the machine I’m looking at at the moment ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184601750892

Has anybody here bought one of their machines or have any experience with one? Wondering about the quality of the machine and the company themselves in terms of support etc.

My budget is 5-8k (maybe a little more if necessary) so if anybody can suggest a machine for me to look at I’d really appreciate it.

I look forward to becoming a long term member on here and getting to know some of you.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke W View Post
    Has anybody here bought one of their machines or have any experience with one? Wondering about the quality of the machine and the company themselves in terms of support etc.
    Now I'm in a difficult position to comment on other people machines because I build and sell routers my self so it would appear self-serving to comment, BUT in this instance, I can and will make an exception because I do have personal experience of these machines which is VERY relevant to someone like your self thinking to buy one of these.!!

They should be avoided more than Covid,
    I have helped many people who have bought these disgrace of machines. I have seen the same size machine you show in the flesh and it's a joke, I could fill an A4 sheet with all its defects and issues.

I spent several days helping the buyer to get it working over the telephone because the seller wouldn't respond. The machine was just delivered by a courier and pushed into place, the guy was left with no support or clue as to how to work it.
    Eventually, I went to see the machine and couldn't believe what I was seeing, my advice was "send it back because it's unfit for purpose".

Hopefully, this tells you all you need to know, but if you do want more exact details then get in touch via PM.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,909. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Already been some discussions over these - http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13602-eBay-router
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks so much for your reply, I’m very glad I joined this site!
    I’ll PM you to talk more, I guess you are a busy man as I’ve seen you mentioned in a few posts already and only been on here a day or two but maybe you will be able to help me out with a machine.
    Talk soon and thanks again.
    Best regards.

Thread Information