. .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MACH3 Board Pic.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	32186

Tha above is the board I have and am currently using to control my CNC router. Only problem is I want to use limit switches and homing switches and require three free input pins to do so. Three of the input pins are already in use for 1: Emergency Stop, 2: Probe 3: Drivers. This only leaves one input pin left which is not enough is there a work around? I have two spare board so is it possible to somehow use these to extend the number of input pins I have or ?

First, I doubt that you could use additional boards as all the boards probably have the same USB address so Mach3 won't be able to distinguish between them.

The standard way to solve this problem is to wire all the limit switches (assuming microswitches) in series. As you will only be moving one axis at a time, if a switch is triggered you know which one it is. Look at the Mach3 manual.

Equally you are only homing one axis at a time (though homing isn't really needed).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHaine View Post
    First, I doubt that you could use additional boards as all the boards probably have the same USB address so Mach3 won't be able to distinguish between them.

The standard way to solve this problem is to wire all the limit switches (assuming microswitches) in series. As you will only be moving one axis at a time, if a switch is triggered you know which one it is. Look at the Mach3 manual.

Equally you are only homing one axis at a time (though homing isn't really needed).
    So like in the picture and use my free input pin?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3341.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	32187

Exactly. Use a NC contact pair on each switch. If you don't have a NC use NO and connect in parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHaine View Post
    Exactly. Use a NC contact pair on each switch. If you don't have a NC use NO and connect in parallel.
    Great they are either NC or NO so ok on that point. So looks like I just need to fix the switches in position on the CNC and wire up. Thank you very much for your help... Fantastic!

Thread Information