. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yep, I’ve popped my 24 hour cut cherry! In fact did it 8 hours ago! Currently on 3.3m lines of g code.

Who else has done a 24 hour+ cut and is a real cnc man?

In 16 hours I will have popped my 2 day cherry!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC653CDD-6DF7-450E-A6FA-4CBEEC6AF512.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	29802

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    Yep, I’ve popped my 24 hour cut cherry! In fact did it 8 hours ago! Currently on 3.3m lines of g code.

Who else has done a 24 hour+ cut and is a real cnc man?

In 16 hours I will have popped my 2 day cherry!

Name:	DC653CDD-6DF7-450E-A6FA-4CBEEC6AF512.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	29802
    Oh, my poor little machine.!! . . . Did I mention the warranty was 12mths or 3.5million lines of code or whichever comes first..

38hrs is my longest continuous cut....keep it up, can't wait to see it.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I hate a show-off!

Well, a show-off who upstages me anyway

Looking forward to seeing the result, whatever it may be.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Double man. 2 days and counting...... Hope this cut finishes today as I’m off to Devon for 4 days tomorrow. If I’d have selected an appropriate sized bit I’d be long done by now

Name:	B49F8128-506A-42C2-989A-80A748D5169E.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	778.1 KB 
ID:	29803

Today I've been playing with a new clock design in Gearotic and CamBam. By doing some redrawing of the DXF import from one to the other and making the arcs arcs instead of polylines I've managed to get the number of lines of code for one part down from over 500 to about 50. What kind of 'man' does that make me?

Kit

PS Enjoy Devon, the weather must be becoming just about bearable by now.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    I've managed to get the number of lines of code for one part down from over 500 to about 50. What kind of 'man' does that make me?

Kit

PS Enjoy Devon, the weather must be becoming just about bearable by now.
    Less of a man...... A real man blunders straight in with little thought, goes about things in an overly complex way with the wrong tools, then refuses to alter the plan and ploughs on regardless through sheer bloody mindedness. Come on now and "man up" and turn that 500 lines of code into 5000

I shall enjoy Devon if this cut finishes. Otherwise it will be weighing on my mind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    Come on now and "man up" and turn that 500 lines of code into 5000
    That's quite easily done - just use trochoidal machining. I did a small job on Friday that involved some deepish slots in aluminium and tried doing it that way and managed to generate over 450,000 lines of code for cutting 650mm length of slot - but at least the cutter didn't snag

Trochoidal milling in Fusion 360 seems to generate enormous numbers of short straight line cuts. Big files...

I live in Devon. Don't know that we want any "real men" disturbing our peace and quiet! And bragging about their shiny new machines. Mine still hasn't even been painted. Still, in our perpetually warm, dry, micro-climate, paint is for wimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I live in Devon. Don't know that we want any "real men" disturbing our peace and quiet! And bragging about their shiny new machines.
    I delivered one of those shiny new machines to Devon only a few weeks ago(Newton abbot), if I'd realized you were so near I'd called in with my HobKnobs..
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

That's a shame - we're only about 10 miles further on, just the other side of Totnes. A weird little town best described as where hippies go to retire, and open crystal healing shops and cat cafes (don't ask...)

Well, if you happen to be coming down again on one of the many warranty call-outs, give me a shout! I jest - you supply the hobnobs and I'll put the coffee on. No Yorkshire tea in this part of the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information