. .
    Hi, new spindle problems

I connected a new 2.2kw spindle to a Haunyang D223B VFD this one Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error1.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	29879 which has been off for 6 months and it gives me this error code

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	29880

I think I need to adjust some settings I tried changing these values but nothing changed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error2.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	29881

Does anyone have an idea of what I need to change and what sensible values are?

I triple checked the wiring and have continuity between all 3 pins in the plug and the vfd in 1 solid cable no shorts and there is no earth connection I will earth the Z axis instead when I get it working. I have connected the shielding to ground.

Thanks
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

What happens exactly.? Does it try to start up then give the over-current error or does it just trip straight away.?

PD14 and PD15 are the only ones you are interested in, Set both to 20 just to eliminate it's not them causing the error. If it works then set PD14=5 and PD15=10, these figures will work.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    What happens exactly.? Does it try to start up then give the over-current error or does it just trip straight away.?

PD14 and PD15 are the only ones you are interested in, Set both to 20 just to eliminate it's not them causing the error. If it works then set PD14=5 and PD15=10, these figures will work.
    Straight away

I tried PD013 8 to reset the vfd and now it does nothing when I press run

It was counting up to 400 if I unplugged the spindle before I reset the settings
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Straight away
    That's not a good sign, it's suggesting the spindle is going to ground. Does it make any buzzing sounds then trips or instantly trips.? Does the spindle twitch at all.?

Silly question but you have checked the spindle isn't seized or the cable damaged.? It's often the silly things that bite you.!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

That's not a good sign, it's suggesting the spindle is going to ground. Does it make any buzzing sounds then trips or instantly trips.? Does the spindle twitch at all.?

Silly question but you have checked the spindle isn't seized or the cable damaged.? It's often the silly things that bite you.!
    The cable is brand new but I'll check it just in case, the spindle is also brand new could the vfd be at fault? With the old spindle as soon as I pressed run it blew fuses in the 13amp plug the machine is on. The VFD powered on fine with the spindle unplugged counted up to 400 so I assumed the spindle failed

It worked fine but I left it for 6 months other stuff came up and when I came back this started

I only have 1, 2 & 3 pins soldered on as the spindle isn't earthed I was going to do that after I get it working I have checked continuity from the spindle plug to the VFD it seems good no shorts I have grounded the RF wiring

The VFD to spindle cable length is ~5m one solid piece
    Last edited by Desertboy; 03-05-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Have you tried testing without spindle connected this time.?

Also, did you put heat shrink or tape over the soldered pins, if not they could be touching the connector body, though I'd expect an earth leakage trip before the VFD error?

Check if you have continuity between the pins and the spindle body, you shouldn't have any.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Have you tried testing without spindle connected this time.?

Also, did you put heat shrink or tape over the soldered pins, if not they could be touching the connector body, though I'd expect an earth leakage trip before the VFD error?

Check if you have continuity between the pins and the spindle body, you shouldn't have any.
    I have continuity between pins 1, 2 & 3 but not 4

There is no continuity between 1,2 & 3 and the body

There is continuity between pin 4 and the body (So it's grounded from factory correct?) I was surprised I just assumed it wasn't because they never are

I will solder pin 4 on, which will mean removing the 3 I soldered to get everything the right length again I removed the earth was going to send a separate wire and earth the spindle holder instead.

Since I did a factory reset on the Haunyang it does nothing when I press run but I can access the setting menu

I do have another Chinese VFD I can swap in correct rating an AT1-2200X never been used

What I don't want to do is damage the new spindle

Thread Information