. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    so i purchased one of these -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184601717...EAAOSwjyxZci17

not actually used it yet, but my initial thoughts

he said 5 weeks and it took 7, didnt get a single communication from him for 5 weeks until i questioned what was happened.

the machine has no homing switches, which im totally shocked at. didnt even know you could get a cnc without homing switches, my £350 laser cutter has homing switches. not even sure i know how to use it without homing switches and limits.

when i go into homing/limits in mach its empty, so looks like i could easily damage the machine, i will be adding limit switches.

the estop is wired backwards :(
    took me about an hour of faffing to work out why mach would activate, push the estop down and mach engages. easy fix i know, but come on...
    when you hit the estop when the machine is running it appears to kill the uc100 controller, which is highly annoying. it disconnects from mach.

very heavy machine which is good.

will report more once i use it.

Seriously an MDF backplate in the control box with not a fuse in sight.!!. . . . Be afraid very afraid..
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

whats the kitchen sink strainer in side of electrical box supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Seriously an MDF backplate in the control box with not a fuse in sight.!!. . . . Be afraid very afraid..
    its got a 13amp fuse on the plug... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    its got a 13amp fuse on the plug... ;)
    Well, your safe as houses then.!! . . . . except the burnt-out ones of course.

Well, your safe as houses then.!! . . . . except the burnt-out ones of course.
    am just ordering a smoothstepper and micro switches. its going to get a rewire before i actually use it properly. i will also set it up correctly in mach with limits, so it doesnt break its self.

such a shame, micro switches and a bit of cable is about £20.

am just ordering a smoothstepper and micro switches. its going to get a rewire before i actually use it properly. i will also set it up correctly in mach with limits, so it doesnt break its self.

such a shame, micro switches and a bit of cable is about £20.
    Don't waste your money on a smooth stepper, do yourself a favor and move to UCCNC. Blows mach3 and 4 away.

Don't waste your money on a smooth stepper, do yourself a favor and move to UCCNC. Blows mach3 and 4 away.
    mach3 and smoothstepper is tried, tested and works perfect for me.

but thanks for the heads up

mach3 and smoothstepper is tried, tested and works perfect for me.

but thanks for the heads up
    Can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.! . . . . . I have several smooth steppers in a draw somewhere USB and Ethernet which I've fit and removed because of issues and bugs and removed several from other machines because they gave nothing but trouble. So yes it was certainly tried but sadly not tested enough.!

I was a big Mach3 fanboy for the best part of 20yrs, so it's sad and hard to say but Mach3 is done and finished, Mach4 is so bad they made a film about it called BUGs Life.! . . . . UCCNC blows them both away and is rock-solid stable.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    I'm using an ESS/Mach3 combination on my CNC mill at the moment because that's what it came with. I'm seriously considering a change because of unreliability - random crashes, ESS buffer underruns, problems restarting from a given line, typically. Main thing stopping me at the moment is that the ESS is plugged into a motherboard that carries all the external connectors and I need to look at just how much work will be needed to re-engineer a conversion. UC300/UCCNC probable candidate, though. Would have re-used my CSMIO IP/M except that sticks with Mach3. I also run a PV Automation ET6 board with MyCNC software for my router which is mostly OK although I still have one or two issues with it. At least it's more reliable than the ESS, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information