. .

Thread: Hello mycncuk

I've joined this forum for 2 reasons. Firstly to find the best way to source a small cnc mill/router for light machining of aluminium, plastic and wood and secondly, and more urgently to see if anyone might be interested in machining holes and slots in 50mm square plastic electrical trunking. The trunking will be in 320mm lengths. Qty 12 off clearance holes in the base, qty 1 slot in one face, qty 2 holes and qty 1 slot in the other face. On the sides the cutouts is near the base and with the lid on I would think it should be rigid enough.
    I have the trunking, would supply it cut to length, pay a reasonable price for the job and organise shipping them back. I could print flanges to support the ends of the extrusion and hold it in place on the bed.
    My wife has a retail art gallery, some of pictures are displayed quite high up and using a ladder/steps is dangerous. So I've at last got round to producing a system for raising/lowering/levelling the pictures. I'm using a 3D printer but the covers are taking too long to print. I've have a redesign using the trunking as the cover/main strength. Trouble is I have now means of accurately putting in the holes etc.
    The initial run is for a qty of 10
    I'll now read through the forum to get ideas for sourcing a CNC miller/router.
    Thank you.

hi herewego
    i can machine these for you send me a pm and we can talk
    Geoff

Hi Geoff
    Thanks for your reply. I'll draw up the part and let you have a copy.
    Johnb

Thread Information