. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I may be wrong but when the probe first touches the block it sounds as though it pauses for a fraction of a second and then carries on in the same direction instead of reversing.

2. I have measured the force on my probe and the normally closed circuit opens at 25 grams.
    I was going to do a few G31 commands in MDI to see what happened but decided to check out the UCCNC probing page just as a check of my set up. I am not a huge fan of it because I find it too easy to probe the wrong axis. Anyway the video belows shows its single axis probing cycle acts as expected.

https://youtube.com/shorts/JtA8sqNOW3o?feature=share

It would have been nice to use your, far less confusing screen but for some reasons the stars are not lining up for me. Thanks for your help and patience.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Ok. Whatever it is, it is not my macros, that's for sure. You draw the wrong conclusion. Far too many people manage to use it, and you are the first who fails. On the other hand, you did not answered my questions or made any effort in finding the real cause of the problem. For my own part, this was just waste of time. I hate unfinished work, but understand that you don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.k.e View Post
    I may be wrong but when the probe first touches the block it sounds as though it pauses for a fraction of a second and then carries on in the same direction instead of reversing.
    Yes, and that can only happen if there are wiring issues or if the axis got stuck for a fraction of a second and then continues. There is simply no way that that's caused by my probe macros, especially since I tested on mine with identical parameters. Obviously he made some changes, now his probe is higher up, not dragging the wires, and the probing distance is different... and so on. UCCNC uses G31 to probe and the movement stops automatically by UCCNC when the input is triggered. Same as my macros in that aspect.

5. Well I didn't expect you to take that attitude. I think I was polite and understood its not really your problem to fix my set up.
    I showed you what I saw, tried to explain the travel I was seeing. May be I should have been a little clearer in my descriptions.
    My probe is not flaky and as far as I can tell from the diagnostics page it's fine and accurate enough.
    I swap between your probing screen UCCNC's, UCCNC works fine and yours doesn't. Unless you have something constructive to add I think we should leave this as unsolved.
    Regards
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Cube3 View Post
    Well I didn't expect you to take that attitude. I think I was polite and understood its not really your problem to fix my set up.
    I showed you what I saw, tried to explain the travel I was seeing. May be I should have been a little clearer in my descriptions.
    My probe is not flaky and as far as I can tell from the diagnostics page it's fine and accurate enough.
    I swap between your probing screen UCCNC's, UCCNC works fine and yours doesn't. Unless you have something constructive to add I think we should leave this as unsolved.
    Regards
    Simon

I should have realized earlier that you were not interested in helping to find the cause of the problem just to find a quick fix. So of course, after spending several hours trying to give you support and solve YOUR problems, I am a bit frustrated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information