. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all, I am new to CNC and the forum. I have recently built an Ooznest workbee CNC 1500 x 1500 and I've fitted a spoiler board and when I have come to surface it, i have run into the issue of the router coming down but not enough to reach/cut the spoilerboard. I am on Vcarve pro and I have set the cut depth to 0.3 mm and the start depth to 0 mm. I have used an xyz touch probe that came with the machine to show it where the spoilerboard surface. I am going mad trying to sort this out so if any CNC wiz can help me figure out this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lives in Belgrade, Serbia. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 48. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Which software do you use?

I use Vectric Vcarve pro

Quote Originally Posted by NewtoCNC___ View Post
    I have used an xyz touch probe that came with the machine to show it where the spoilerboard surface. I am going mad trying to sort this out so if any CNC wiz can help me figure out this problem it would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm assuming the Z-axis and cutter do actually reach the spoil board in terms of the cutter can touch it.?

If so, then I think your problem could be that the height (thickness) of the touch probe is set wrong in the control software so it's telling the controller the surface is higher than it really is.

The easy way to test this is to simply very slowly jog the tool until it just touches the surface and then ZERO from this point.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Hi all, I am new to CNC and the forum. I have recently built an Ooznest workbee CNC 1500 x 1500 and I've fitted a spoiler board and when I have come to surface it, i have run into the issue of the router coming down but not enough to reach/cut the spoilerboard. I am on Vcarve pro and I have set the cut depth to 0.3 mm and the start depth to 0 mm. I have used an xyz touch probe that came with the machine to show it where the spoilerboard surface. I am going mad trying to sort this out so if any CNC wiz can help me figure out this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    You say 0.3. Don't you mean - 0.3 (negative)? As in below zero.

Hi all, I am new to CNC and the forum. I have recently built an Ooznest workbee CNC 1500 x 1500 and I've fitted a spoiler board and when I have come to surface it, i have run into the issue of the router coming down but not enough to reach/cut the spoilerboard. I am on Vcarve pro and I have set the cut depth to 0.3 mm and the start depth to 0 mm.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Vectric doesn't require you to type the negative, you just enter the depth as a positive number and it converts it to negative when it posts..!! . . . Which does raise the question.?

Are you using the right post processor for your controller.?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Also make sure start depth is zero

Two questions:does the operation simulate correctly in Vcarve?Does the Gcode output from the example in post#8 include the description G01 Z-4.35?

Quote Originally Posted by routerdriver View Post
    Two questions:does the operation simulate correctly in Vcarve?Does the Gcode output from the example in post#8 include the description G01 Z-4.35?
    Yes it simulates correctly it’s how one checks to make sure programming mistakes.

Yes that’s why I posted a picture because it says depth so no minus needed, but it post out g1 z-4.35

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information