. .
    Dear all,
    I need your help because I can't solve some issues with this board. Last couple days I took hammer couple times to smash this board and give up in last moment to give it second chance. So, what is the problem?
    I ordered 3 boards of pokeys57CNC to put it on CNC routers for stone carving. I using mostly CSMIO controllers ( CSMIO IP-M, S and A) but they have some issues with probing (G31) and my customer wants to have option for mapping surface (Autoleveller tool for probing). That is only reason to buy those boards.
    First issues is with cable management, ant that is painful. In comparation with CSMIO it looks like toy.
    That is not issue, I have huge problem with feedrate stability. It is impossible to get constatant speed. I will post YT video.

I put some feedrate 2000mm/min and it jumping from 1920 - 2050. It is noticeable in motor sound and machine moving. When you cutting stone stabile feeedrate is most important. Second issue is regarding to PWM turn of. It sometimes hapen in 15min and sometimes in 40min or after hour. Relay is still active and we broke couple endmils ( expensive one) due to this problem. Now we can leave machine because of this problem. I am 10 years in this field and beside of Chinese crapy boards this is first board which is unsolvable to me.
    Thank you in advance.

I would start with looking at the plugin first. That could be causinmg errors, especially if all 3 boards do the same.
    I was put off the pokeys for my mill because of what looked like a lack of support.
    Maybe try Mach4.

I've gone the uc300eth and uccnc route to upgrade from Mach3. Unsure if that has the levelling feature.

How did you satisfy with UC300ETH. I am also looking that board.

Quote Originally Posted by shejta View Post
    Dear all,
    I need your help because I can't solve some issues with this board. Last couple days I took hammer couple times to smash this board and give up in last moment to give it second chance. So, what is the problem?
    I ordered 3 boards of pokeys57CNC to put it on CNC routers for stone carving. I using mostly CSMIO controllers ( CSMIO IP-M, S and A) but they have some issues with probing (G31) and my customer wants to have option for mapping surface (Autoleveller tool for probing). That is only reason to buy those boards.
    First issues is with cable management, ant that is painful. In comparation with CSMIO it looks like toy.
    That is not issue, I have huge problem with feedrate stability. It is impossible to get constatant speed. I will post YT video.

Thank you in advance.
    Hi,

I can help you to run surface mapping in CSMIO/IP controller and Mach3.
    It requires a little combination and compromise, but it works stably.

In the case of CSMIO/IP controllers, the G31 command is stable only when it is used in a macro, and Mach3 version is not newer than 03.043.044.
    I understand that you have software that generates the G31 command grid (gcode with G31 commands), and you expect Mach3 to save all the measurement results to a file?
    Is this the concept you mean?
    Last edited by Wojtek_CS; 28-10-2021 at 01:48 PM.

That is correct. Can you post solution how to do it. It will be valuable for others I am sure. Thanks in advance

Thread Information