. .
    Does anyone have experience repairing these Driver modules. The information avail online from Lenze and Boxford is (mushroom)
    My spin (Chuck motor) did not start spinning when I turned machine on after a long period of non use. I have diagnosed problem to 534 driver board.

I have found a blown Rifa (Kermet) 150nF (0.15uF) 275V mains capacitor. This is mounted across a isolated power transformer which supplies 12volt and 3.5 volts to a daughter card mounted on edge of controller board. I can accept that old age and moisture would cause paper capacitor to fail especially when there is little margin for spikes in original 275V AC rated capacitor. I have ordered a higher rated new polyester capacitor that will fit but there may be other problems with the board. I am going to check and clean motor brushes today as it a good time to inspect brush lengths and clean commutator.

Does anyone have a full circuit diagram? --Or a working 534 module or board that they can sell me?
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 26-09-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Checked Commutator ---little dust, brushes and segments are in excellent condition.

Is it the lenze controller or the isolation board on the end of the lenze ie the board on the opposite end to the rotary trimmers for setting max min appends etc

If it is the isolation board on the end then as long as you can isolate the BOB from the lenze itself then you don’t need the isolation board
    Beware the lenze input control voltage floats at 112v to 122v depending on the commander spindle speed (assuming 220volts AC mains voltage)
    I used a diycnc board to take step/ dir from the BOB and convert to pwm 0 to 10 volts as it also provides isolation for the BOB

You can connect a potentiometer 4.7k ohms or there about to test the lenze controller. Wiring schematic for the lenze 540 is on google and easily found

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Paul Thanks for your reply. We have 245ac Mains here. I am aware that the isolation board is floating at around 110 vac. I have checked the input to isolation board on pins 4+5 grey and green/yellow striped wire. I can ramp input up and down from 3.9 to 9.2volts via touch buttons on front panel. I was about to test other components on board such as transformer when Mains capacitor on driver board cooked. Do you know function of IC1 LM348 (quad op amp). Is it used as power regulator or PWdrivers for driver board? It would be handy to have a circuit diagram .If no one here has one, I will trace out board once New 150nf 300V capacitor arrives if I have to. At the moment not thinking of modifying driver using different method unless there is an inherent recurring problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Hi Paul Thanks for your reply. We have 245ac Mains here. I am aware that the isolation board is floating at around 110 vac. I have checked the input to isolation board on pins 4+5 grey and green/yellow striped wire. I can ramp input up and down from 3.9 to 9.2volts via touch buttons on front panel. I was about to test other components on board such as transformer when Mains capacitor on driver board cooked. Do you know function of IC1 LM348 (quad op amp). Is it used as power regulator or PWdrivers for driver board? It would be handy to have a circuit diagram .If no one here has one, I will trace out board once New 150nf 300V capacitor arrives if I have to. At the moment not thinking of modifying driver using different method unless there is an inherent recurring problem.
    Sorry no idea. Well above my pay grade

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information