. .
    Hi all
    After a week of fiddling witrh my new 3018 cnc machine I was about to dismantle it and return it to Amazon. Then I began to think smaller and decided to keep the machine and design and cut my own jewlery.

I'm sure there are millions of guy's out there doing the same thing and it will be hard to sell my creations to the public at large but winters coming and I'll have a hobby that will keep me warm and dry instead of cold and wet.

Any way, the reason for my post is, does anyone know of a free drawing program (not those 30 days free trial things where you end up paying X amount a month there after) similar to Easel on Inventables where you have 2 windows which let you see what your design looks like on the 3018 while your designing it in the other window.

I'd be most grateful for any suggestions here.

Thanks a lot guys.

Fabian .

Hi,

I have tried three 3D CAD packages for free :-

Fusion360, which I find the easiest to use, but I don't like cloud based software.
    FreeCAD, which I just didn't like
    Solid Edge, which I am currently using for 3D printing. It is OK, but a bit user vicious (not user friendly). I am still learning to use it.

There are a lot of others out there and I am sure other members will chip in with their favourites.

Cheers,

Rob

Thread Information