. .
    Hello,

My name is Olly and I'm from Wakefield. I would love to get into CNC for cabinet making. I'm currently thinking it needs to be 6 x 4 machine to work with large sheet material. I'm currently lost in the CNC decision-making process and I'm joining this forum for inspiration and to try and get direction. Ideally, I'm seeking the answers to the following questions

I'm capable of a self-build but is it worth the time and effort?

What are the options available for 6 x 4 self build machines?

I've seen the AVID CNC machines is there a UK equivalent?

Is there anyone with a 6 x 4 CNC machine in West Yorks that is willing to rent table time or provide help and advice?

It looks like a great forum so would love to become a contributor one day.

Thanks,
    Olly

Quote Originally Posted by CNCOlly View Post
    Hello,

My name is Olly and I'm from Wakefield. I would love to get into CNC for cabinet making. I'm currently thinking it needs to be 6 x 4 machine to work with large sheet material. I'm currently lost in the CNC decision-making process and I'm joining this forum for inspiration and to try and get direction. Ideally, I'm seeking the answers to the following questions

I'm capable of a self-build but is it worth the time and effort?

What are the options available for 6 x 4 self build machines?

Is there anyone with a 6 x 4 CNC machine in West Yorks that is willing to rent table time or provide help and advice?

It looks like a great forum so would love to become a contributor one day.

Thanks,
    Olly
    Well Dean Jazzcnc has built hundreds of machines in all sizes and he is not a million miles from you.

look for his posts on hear.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Welcome, Olly,

Shameless self-promotion here but someone would probably point you in my direction sooner or later.! . . . We build CNC machines and we are just up the M62 in Goole.

However, on top of this, I'm very Pro DIY and help many people build their own so I'm more than happy to offer advice, design tips, etc either here on the forum or by phone or email. BUT, I wouldn't encourage someone with No experience to try building a large machine because while they work exactly the same that's about all they share, the process of building and design and components required is quite different and it's very easy to get wrong.

Now regards your size requirements.? 6 x 4 is not a usual size, 8 x 4 or 4 x 4 or 4 x 2 is typical because it covers sheet sizes.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Well Dean Jazzcnc has built hundreds of machines in all sizes and he is not a million miles from you.

look for his posts on hear.
    I did say sooner or later, looks like Quick draw Clive beat me too it...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CNCOlly View Post

Just realized I've got a 4 x 4 machine which is leaving me on Saturday so if you can get to Goole before then I can show around it and answer any questions on CNC etc, Also happy to help regards you DIY building or Us building one for you if that interests you.

It will be about 4-6 weeks before the next 4 x 4 will be ready but we should have 4 x 2 ready in weeks' time so if you can't make it this time then we tend to turn one out every one to two weeks so will be other chances.

My email is at the bottom drop me a message if this interests you and we'll arrange it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the responses Clive and Dean.

Dean that would be fantastic to take you up on the offer of looking around one of your machines and discuss options or advice.

I'll send you a separate email to arrange a suitable time.

Regards,
    Olly

Thread Information