. .
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a cnc with a budget of around 13-16 k
    It would need to fit 8x4 sheets.
    Generally it would be used to cut patterns in 6mm birch ply,6mm melamine faced mdf and HPL 6mm ply.
    I have been looking at the Olympus 1325 from Opus and the M5S from Exel.
    I'm drawn to the Opus as you get training with the software on installation.
    I have 3 phase extraction in the unit already.
    Any advice would be great.

cheers

Dom

This post might be a bit light on replies as a lot of members on here have either built their own from scratch, converted a milling machine to CNC, or have had a custom machine made. For the custom option try Dean from JazzCNC for a quote, his email address is in the signature of his posts. That looks like a healthy budget so I expect that would allow a very capable machine.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Ok great thank you for the response

Quote Originally Posted by dom74 View Post
    Ok great thank you for the response
    As i see both looks the same , i think u need the one with servo and atc , i will get the one who weights more , because there is more mass and i think is more rigid .
    Now i look at datasheet and seems olimpus is way rigid than m5s, and if i where u i will go straight to olimpus , because it weights 50 percent more than m5s , this will help u with rigidity and finish on cutting .
    I dont think u need a 9kw spindle if u cut only 6mm plywood , a 5kw will do same job .
    U need servo , and spindle to have 24000 rpm , and up down mill cuter bit .

If I had £16k to play with then I too would be hounding Dean (jazzcnc) down for sure :) there is some talented guys on here but Dean is known world wide, no matter what website I am on I see his name everywhere when it involves cnc builds

6. if you are still looking. i stock fully upgradeable 8 by 4 size machines in the uk.
    take a look at a few working videos . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxoR...chGyedqfKKIWQt

Thread Information