. .
    Hi
    Have many people successfully converted a manual mill such as my Warco WM 18 to CNC? Or would I be better of buying ready made like Denford etc? I am no electronics wizard, I want to do light motorcycle and model engineering projects in a small home workshop. CNC4YOU do kits that are quite expensive and not sure they work well. Budget 2-3k.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Kinsey View Post
    Hi
    Have many people successfully converted a manual mill such as my Warco WM 18 to CNC? Or would I be better of buying ready made like Denford etc? I am no electronics wizard, I want to do light motorcycle and model engineering projects in a small home workshop. CNC4YOU do kits that are quite expensive and not sure they work well. Budget 2-3k.
    I've done an Amadeal AMAT25LV.
    1605 screws with double nuts. It is pretty solid. All bearing carrier and nut components custom.
    Basically you need a mill to convert a mill, lol.

If a light machine is all you need then prob get pre built. It will have low limitations though, steel components a delicate long process.

+1, with a Sieg SX2.7L conversion - again, 1605 screws and replacing the spindle motor/control electronics.

The electrical side of things isn't necessarily complicated, it's the machinal stuff that needs care as you're taking a machine out of commission whilst you fettle and fit. Worthwhile, but effort - if buying from scratch a dedicated CNC machine is likely a better (and more expensive) solution.

Thread Information