. .
    Well then!
    Got my new toy :)
    I ordered this CNC in February and i picked it up on the 12th September. It took a bit longer than quoted but this was down to the closure of the Suez Canal.

All i can say is, it was well worth the wait. What a true beast of a machine.

I picked it up in a Luton van and spent a couple of hours with Dean and his Son Jarad explaining how to use it :) after the tutorial Dean lifted it on the van with his Fork lift truck with only a couple of inches to spare either side.

Not a Yorkshire Tea Bag to be seen as they had no milk :)

I got back to Brighton after a 4 hour drive and parked the van on the drive and locked up.

Got up nice and early on Sunday and started planning how i was going to get the Beast off the back of the Luton van as the tail lift was no where near wide enough to take the machine.

I made a tailgate extension out of some 18mm ply and picked up the CNC with my pump truck and lowered it onto the tail lift. How ever i soon realized the tail lift could not take the weight so i eased it back inside the van and rang my son

4 hours later we managed to get it off the back of the Luton and onto my drive and into my double garage. It is huge! it is has a 1200mm x 1200mm but this is the cutting area only and i never took this into account. It has a foot print of approx 1700 x 1700

But as the heading states this is the Beast from the East and has been built to last. The quality of the build is amazing and so is the support, i had a couple of questions and Dean was straight on the phone and sorted it.

I haven't had much time to play around with my machine to be honest due to a heavy work schedule and making room for it! but i have ran a couple of test pieces and the quality of the machine is amazing. Rock solid and well engendered frame, smooth running on all axis and the software is all working as it should do.

All in all i can highly recommend Dean and his son Jarad AKA (JAZZCNC) They go that extra mile to help you. If you are in the market for a CNC? Then get in touch with Dean and he will sort you out. You will not be sorry.

Couple of image below. s soon as i have some spare time to make somethind :) i will upload some image

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luton1.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	362.4 KB 
ID:	30447

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luton2.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	355.8 KB 
ID:	30448
    Last edited by didineedthis; 30-09-2021 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

2. The Following User Says Thank You to didineedthis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by didineedthis View Post
    Not a Yorkshire Tea Bag to be seen as they had no milk :)
    Actually, it was a lack of Teabags and closed shop local shop at 6 am on Saturday morning, not milk, however, you didn't bring Hobknobs, and Tea without Hobknobs is unthinkable in the East..

Seriously though pleased you are happy with the machine, we are very happy with it as well, it certainly is a mini beast.

Sorry about the delay, if folks didn't crash into canals (Suez not Panama) and the Covid virus hadn't ravaged the world we would have been done much sooner (though with your house hunting you probably wouldn't have wanted it then.!).
    Those 2 things alone have caused business's so much trouble I hate to think the total cost to industry.?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

It certainly looks a beast, and I don't doubt it's ability to do the job. But anyone who has trawled the build logs will see a lot of comments about the need for bracing in a frame and this conspicuously has none visible. Is it all down the the quality of the welding and the size of the steel used, or is there more to it than that?

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitwn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    It certainly looks a beast, and I don't doubt it's ability to do the job. But anyone who has trawled the build logs will see a lot of comments about the need for bracing in a frame and this conspicuously has none visible. Is it all down the the quality of the welding and the size of the steel used, or is there more to it than that?

Kit
    Fair comment Kit and it's a combination of all the things you mention plus a few more. This JZR machine design was built solely as a wood router aimed at a specific budget and market, (though it does cut harder materials like aluminium, brass very nicely.)

It was mostly aimed at the serious hobby user or small business to be bench mounted, so to this end, the frame was built from thick wall tubes and fully welded with lots of attention paid to key areas like the Z-axis, ball-screw placement etc, so is more than strong enough to meet the design goals and all those who own one will testify they are not weak or lightweight in any way shape or form.

People started to ask if it could be freestanding so a lower frame was built, this frame just acts purely as a base and plays no part in the strength or performance of the machine and between the lower tube bracing plus the upper mountings onto the mainframe it makes for a strong base at a sensible cost.

Cost is the key here.? Yes I could easily build a much stronger machine, and I do, but these have a much higher cost associated with them which for the typical hobby or small business user just isn't required so would be a waste of money, neither are they affordable for most hobby users.

Because we are a business then we obviously have to make a profit which if you are DIY building then you are not constrained so much to meeting a price point. Also, most DIY builders want the mythical machine which can cut all materials to the highest standards and this requires a different design with much higher strengths and considerations. Comparing would be like comparing apples with oranges.

Now to blow my own trumpet I can honestly say there isn't a machine I know of in the same price point that can come close to competing with the JZR range we sell. The electrical and mechanical spec plus the strength of the machine and build quality blows away anything in the UK.
    Then factor in the warranty and backup service we provide and you start to see the true value of the machine.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 19-09-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post

Kit
    I can confirm that this machine build is rock solid and does not miss a beat. I did test this when manually travelling stopping and starting at full speed, not a wobble, it's no fun trying to move it with a pump truck thats for sure. It weighs a tonne and the steel is thick.
    The only thing i am going to change is the spoil board set up. There is nothing wrong with the one thats on there now but I have seen a few different set ups that will be better suited for my type of work. This is my own fault and lack of communication with Dean, If i had told him that i wanted a different design am sure he would of done it for me, but its something i will enjoy doing at my own leisure.
    I am 100% happy with the build quality thats for sure.

I can confirm that this machine build is rock solid and does not miss a beat. I did test this when manually travelling stopping and starting at full speed, not a wobble, it's no fun trying to move it with a pump truck thats for sure. It weighs a tonne and the steel is thick.
    The only thing i am going to change is the spoil board set up. There is nothing wrong with the one thats on there now but I have seen a few different set ups that will be better suited for my type of work. This is my own fault and lack of communication with Dean, If i had told him that i wanted a different design am sure he would of done it for me, but its something i will enjoy doing at my own leisure.
    I am 100% happy with the build quality thats for sure.
    I've never seen an adverse comment on one of Dean's machines and I am not surprised you are happy with it. My aim in asking the question is to get some guidance for DIY builders. When I built a more solid, welded steel base for my own machine I decided to go for straight up, down and sideways sections because it was so much simpler to cut and align for welding with limited facilities. Seeing the great JAZZCNC do the same is very reassuring!

Dean,
    Your explanation that this is a rigidly built desktop machine on a firm stand makes complete sense, and I take your point about it being intended as a wood-only machine rather than the mythical device that can do everything. Thanks for the answer.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitwn For This Useful Post:

Lovely machine - looks rather familiar..... but a bit bigger than mine

Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    Lovely machine - looks rather familiar..... but a bit bigger than mine
    And a lot heavier

And a lot heavier
    Bloody hell - mine was only just manageable with 4 of us handballing it down to my workshop at the end of the garden. Lets see some projects from it.

Thread Information