. .
  1. Hi All,
    Let's just say I have a 4 pole 24k rpm 3.2kw water-cooled ATC spindle and a single phase 240V supply (no 3phase).
    Can anyone suggest some affordable (or just any?!) 800hz VFD options that would be capable of driving it??

Any recommendations and advice please, my searches are thus far not very fruitful.

Try Sunfar, they do a range of VFDs that go up to 1,000Hz in both single and 3 phase. I have an E300 on my spindle and it's worked well for over 18 months. BTW what spindle are you using plse? I'm toying with the idea of going to ATC.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Voicecoil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Hi All,
    Let's just say I have a 4 pole 24k rpm 3.2kw water-cooled ATC spindle and a single phase 240V supply (no 3phase).
    Can anyone suggest some affordable (or just any?!) 800hz VFD options that would be capable of driving it??

Any recommendations and advice please, my searches are thus far not very fruitful.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Try Sunfar, they do a range of VFDs that go up to 1,000Hz in both single and 3 phase. I have an E300 on my spindle and it's worked well for over 18 months. BTW what spindle are you using plse? I'm toying with the idea of going to ATC.
    This might interest you both.!

We sell and use Sunfar (Simphoenix) VFD's with our range of high-end 40K ER20 2.2Kw spindles and ATC spindles. We have the E300 branded as Sunfar for the 2.2Kw 800hz spindles and E550 branded Simphoenix for 3.5Kw 800hz ATC spindles. (Simphoenix is another trading name for Sunfar).

Voice coil: Careful when buying ATC spindles because not all are the same, even when they spec the same.? I have fit many of the Chinese spindles and most range from OK to complete rubbish. It's taken me a long time to find a supplier in China that produces a top-notch spindle which I'm obviously not going to share on the forum. However, we do offer them for sale, they are not cheap but they are the best quality high torque with ceramic bearings and low runout.

We have on stock 3.5Kw 36K rpm ISO25 ATC but can supply from 2.2Kw right up to 40Kw with various rpm's and tapers plus options like Encoders and thru coolant, flanged or unflanged.

Get in touch if you are serious about ATC because these are the Dog's danglies.!

Bongo: Same get in touch if you want a price for the VFD. Again they are not the cheapest but they are good solid reliable drives.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

6. Hi Both. Thanks voicecoil, I don't actually have the ATC spindle yet, just working out if 4 pole is what I want...
    Thanks Jazz, sent you an email.

I bought a 4 pole spindle as they were available as a constant power type, couldn't find those in a 2 pole type. It's proved to be a good choice giving more torque at lower rpm meaning you can fair chomp through stuff with larger cutters but still get good power at high rpm with smaller ones. Just wish I could find a similar thing with ATC.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Voicecoil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Just wish I could find a similar thing with ATC.
    Your wish is granted, just get in touch and I'll give you a price.
    We even have a range of Permanent Magnet synchronous ATC spindles ranging from 8Kw/5.5Nm to 36Kw/52Nm torque which will give high torque at very low rpm's.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

You can get a vfd from SZBIDOR, if you search Amazon. I have an 8 pole BT30 ATC spindle motor that hits 18k rpm, so it requires a 1200Hz output 3phase 220v supply and my power at the shop is only a single phase 220v source, this vfd does everything I need it to, provides massive torque (for a 3.5kw spindle) at low speeds, so milling any metal from hardened steels through soft alloys like aluminum all the way through high speed needs of plastics, this is quite a good vfd for what you are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkwasny007 View Post
    You can get a vfd from SZBIDOR, if you search Amazon. I have an 8 pole BT30 ATC spindle motor that hits 18k rpm, so it requires a 1200Hz output 3phase 220v supply and my power at the shop is only a single phase 220v source, this vfd does everything I need it to, provides massive torque (for a 3.5kw spindle) at low speeds, so milling any metal from hardened steels through soft alloys like aluminum all the way through high speed needs of plastics, this is quite a good vfd for what you are seeking.
    What make of spindle is that please - sounds like an interesting thing.

Thread Information