. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    having a hard time figuring out where the best place is to have the y axis motor. this is how i have it at the moment but im sure there is better solutions. didnt want the motor to be on the outside as that would mean the ballscrew would have to be longer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pulley setup.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	30459

Name:	pulley setup2.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	30461

Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    having a hard time figuring out where the best place is to have the y axis motor. this is how i have it at the moment but im sure there is better solutions. didnt want the motor to be on the outside as that would mean the ballscrew would have to be longer.

Name:	pulley setup.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	30459

Name:	pulley setup2.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	30461
    That will be fine. You could also turn the motor 180' so that you don't have to cut into the gantry plate.

Edit: Have you got the pulley ratio the wrong way round ie are you trying to speed the screw up?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Here's one way to do it.

Name:	20171012_115207.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	30463
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

The only problem with turning the motor 180 is having to have the ballscrew longer like Dean's in the photo where the ballscrew is the whole length of the gantry. I mean it might be fine if you guys can confirm it will be OK but from gantry plate to gantry plate it measures 1780mm and with that length it's asking for the use of rotating ballnut right?

The only problem with turning the motor 180 is having to have the ballscrew longer like Dean's in the photo where the ballscrew is the whole length of the gantry. I mean it might be fine if you guys can confirm it will be OK but from gantry plate to gantry plate it measures 1780mm and with that length it's asking for the use of rotating ballnut right?
    The length of my ball screw was by machine design and had nothing to do with the motor, the motor mount bracket will slide along the profile to meet any length of ball screw.

Like Clive mentioned below why are you showing a large pulley on the motor, you want this the other way around.

I already did that last night Dean :) what thickness do you use for the mounting brackets? Currently using 15mm

I already did that last night Dean :) what thickness do you use for the mounting brackets? Currently using 15mm
    Yep, that will work nicely. Even 10mm works.

side note on the plates for the BK bearings, if you look at my pic you'll see the plates actually lift the ball-screw just above the profile, this is so the ball-nut housing will attach directly to the X-axis bearing plate rather than using a drop-down bracket.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yep, that will work nicely. Even 10mm works.

side note on the plates for the BK bearings, if you look at my pic you'll see the plates actually lift the ball-screw just above the profile, this is so the ball-nut housing will attach directly to the X-axis bearing plate rather than using a drop-down bracket.!
    do you have a pic showing the ballnut housing position Dean? here is what mine looks like but it has a plate hanging from the bearing plate for the ballnut housing.

also how do you guys solve issues like the ballnut housing being 1.25mm away from the plate its supposed to bolt on to? i have gone of the measurements from bst automation and i would of thought the ballnut housing along with both bk and bf ends would all be level with each other unless something has not aligned right in cad? picture is below to show what i mean.

thanks

Name:	121.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	30464

Name:	1211.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	30465

You could put a shim 1.5mm in the gap or machine the BK and BF mounting plate 1.5 thinner.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    You could put a shim 1.5mm in the gap or machine the BK and BF mounting plate 1.5 thinner.
    Thanks Clive probably easier with shims then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information