. .
    Hi, just finished building my Ooznest 1000X750 and starting to play /learn. Using V carve desktop ( couldn't afford the Pro sadly)

Was made redundant last year and now considered too old to hire but too young (poor) to retire!
    Based in the Scottish Highlands just north of Inverness, and hoping to maybe turn my router in to a small business
    Looking good at the moment and enjoying learning, but there is alot more to learn than you first think.

looking forward to chatting to you and hopefully learning and sharing what I learn.

George😀

Welcome George, you are right there is always more to learn and master when it comes to CNC. Practical knowledge gained from hands-on experience, so good luck as you get stuck in and do please share the successes (and failures)

Andrew

Hi George, just starting out myself. As you said some of us are too old to be hired and in my case I have medical issues as well. I have gone for the KillerBee machine from RatRig in Portugal. I will have to wait about 8 weeks as they are very busy with orders. I have decided on most of the other items, AXBB_E-ethernet controllor, possible the Mafell milling motor, but still to make up my mind about the software. I am considering using V Carve or the Pro version as my machine is more than 600mm. Would like to know how you are getting on with V Carve.

Lives in Southport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21-11-2023 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    Hi all
    Hope you can help or redirect to the correct thread I have a a ooznest cnc just built but i cannot get the bit into the collet its the correct size but it just wont go in I have watched videos etc and i know its tight but they all seem to just push in not mine what am i doing wrong not much help from ooznest as no live help
    Many Thanks Eddie

Lives in Southport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21-11-2023 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    Hi George , I finished building mine a couple of weeks ago but cant even cut my spoilboard yet as its taken that long to learn fusion 360 free version and now the bit wont fit in the collet with no live chat and only one reply a day from ooznest its not looking good but I hope you do better.

I am in the process of building my killerbee at the moment. I have decided for the time being to use the machine without a computer. May seem a bit odd I know, but will use it to do outlines and then carve out the rest manually. By using the machine in this way I will get nice straight outlines to work from. I am not very good with just the router on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by clan View Post
    Hi George , I finished building mine a couple of weeks ago but cant even cut my spoilboard yet as its taken that long to learn fusion 360 free version and now the bit wont fit in the collet with no live chat and only one reply a day from ooznest its not looking good but I hope you do better.
    Give me a ring if you don't have any success, even though it's not one of our machines we are happy to help, I'll never see anyone struggle if I can help. You'll find the number on the website.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information