. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by depronman View Post
    Did you have it hooked up to the turret and indexing it from tool to tool ok ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, I never used it in the end.

Lives in St Annes on the Sea, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 45 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 159. Received thanks 19 times, giving thanks to others 6 times.
    The cyclone made chips at the weekend just gone
    Still controlling the turret semi manually at the moment but machined 15off parts and the accuracy is amazing all within 0.0004” of each other most within 0.0002”
    Metal removal rate is impressive compared to the smaller lathes I own (orac and boxford bud both cnc)
    Will be smiling for month once the turret is controlled by linuxcnc

Cheers. Paul

Lives in St Annes on the Sea, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 45 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 159. Received thanks 19 times, giving thanks to others 6 times.
    Update (which is somewhat late)
    Turret now under full linuxcnc control via a turret controller based on an arduino
    The turret controller was designed and build by a fellow member on this great forum Doddy for which I will be eternally great-full
    Turret was converted from the original 110v three phase motor and break to a nema 34 stepper motor and 3.5-1 reduction gearbox. It doesn’t make for the fastest tool change ever seen but perfectly acceptable and so far 100% reliable
    I am still blown away by the accuracy of this 25 year old lathe all be it I don’t think it as seen a lot of use
    I would like to get a four jaw Chuck option, I have a suitable Chuck just need the back plate or dimensions to manufacture my own

Cheers. Paul

Crap - poke me to send the second board over when I'm back in the UK (next week).

Enjoy the hols mate
    Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information