. .
    hey all I'm new here and I'm stuck with my machine. I built my own cnc machine. was running a nvum controller with mach3 but kept have problems so was looking around for a new controller and came across this from ukcnc CNC 6-Axis dual Mach3/GRBL Controller. having started with grbl i thought i would give it a try, so got it all wired in but red light on drivers keeps coming on when I try to move the motors, I'm running nema 23 with dm556 drivers i know not the best but its what i have atm. anyways its all wired in right i did try a nema 17 and it was moving a bit at a time so switch back to nema 23 and just red light. anyone have a clue, any here would be greatly appreciated thanks

Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 469. Received thanks 100 times, giving thanks to others 43 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    A quick read of the DM556s manual may help:

There are two LED lights for DM556E. The GREEN one is the power indicator which will be always on generally. The RED one is a protection indicator which will flash 1-2 times in a 3-second period, when protection enabled for a DM556E. Different number of flashes indicates different protection type (read section 11 for detail).

There are two protection types, a single flash means over current protection and two flashes means over voltage. I'd start with looking at your current limit settings and making sure they're appropriate for your NEMA 23 motors rather than your NEMA 17 ones.

Thread Information