. .
    What do I need to configure on the VFD so that I can control spindle speed directly from the VFD? I can switch it on and off but it is set at 24k rpm and I would like to adjust that if necessary.

Thanks.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Does your VFD have a knob on it?
    If it does, then that should work using default settings.

If it doesn't, I think the up/down arrows should work, provided you've not pressed any other buttons to enter any menus.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Yes it has the knob. Turning it does nothing though. Pressing the up/down arrows also does nothing.

PD001 = 0
    PD002 = 0

Maybe something else in the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by grantx View Post
    Yes it has the knob. Turning it does nothing though. Pressing the up/down arrows also does nothing.

PD001 = 0
    PD002 = 0

Maybe something else in the settings?
    Pd002 =1 for external control and you need to set the jumper at the side next to the terminals to the opposite of what it's set to know, you will see 3 pins and a little black jumper bridging across 2 of them, just swap them around. This will enable or disable the pot on the front, so if some else has disabled it so they can control it from the control software this will set it back.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hi Dean, Managed to get it working using the pot on the front however the spindle only spins up to max 12,500 RPM. How do I get it to max 24k?

Thanks!

Edit: Just a note, when I set PD02 = 0 then it spins up to full speed (but then Im unable to adjust speed)
    Last edited by grantx; 24-11-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Hi Dean, Managed to get it working using the pot on the front however the spindle only spins up to max 12,500 RPM. How do I get it to max 24k?
    Thanks!
    Edit: Just a note, when I set PD02 = 0 then it spins up to full speed (but then Im unable to adjust speed)
    Sounds like half voltage.
    Does it have a 5v-10v jumper inside.
    What voltage are you supplying it?.

It has a single jumper currently sitting across VR.
    How do I tell what voltage is being supplied?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211124_181438.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	30667  

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    What do I need to configure on the VFD so that I can control spindle speed directly from the VFD? I can switch it on and off but it is set at 24k rpm and I would like to adjust that if necessary.

Thanks.
    This is from:-
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7388-...7099#post57099

The VFD has to have the parameters changed PD002 from 0 to 1 and PD070 from 0 to 1 (changes analogue from 0-10 to 0-5) without this the speed only goes up to 12K.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Works. Thank you Clive!

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    This is from:-
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7388-...7099#post57099

The VFD has to have the parameters changed PD002 from 0 to 1 and PD070 from 0 to 1 (changes analogue from 0-10 to 0-5) without this the speed only goes up to 12K.

Hi Grant,

Just replied to your email but notice here that Clive got ya going, he's a little super star.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information