. .

Thread: Hello everyone

Hi all, just became a member, although I've looked at the forum as a guest for a while. Proud owner of a very janky homebuilt mill I finished about a year ago and am constantly surprised that it works at all! I'll probably be looking for advice if/when I build an upgrade in the future
    Robbie

Welcome, Robbie

Everyone likes a show and tell so why not start a build thread and throw a few pics up.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I might do that soon, although I'm pretty busy right now. however, I imagine that you, in particular, might be physically sick seeing it! SBR round rails, and 8mm leadscrews with plastic anti-backlash nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Pencilfish View Post
    I might do that soon, although I'm pretty busy right now. however, I imagine that you, in particular, might be physically sick seeing it! SBR round rails, and 8mm leadscrews with plastic anti-backlash nuts!
    Oh don't worry, there are lots of people on here who could show you much less impressive pictures than that! Welcome to the forum Robbie.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Plastic anti-backlash nuts and 8mm screws!!!

Sounds perfect to me!!!

WoodKnot
    Carpe Diem

Ye, it's no secret I'm not a fan of threaded rod and round rails but if that's all you have then don't worry about it we all have to start somewhere, I just try to steer people around what often becomes the inevitable, it will help someone who is working to a budget and if just one person gains a little knowledge or inspiration to get into CNC from it then in my book it makes you a star builder..
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information