1. #1
    Took delivery last week of HARDINGE HC CHUCKER serial # HC4172-P
    with wiring diagram # CHE 8220. Machine is 1.5hp, 60 hertz, 3phase,
    220, w/ 3phase 1740 GE spindle drive motor. Machine is supposed to
    be 1984 vintage but I cant say for sure.
    .....
    A. Does anyone have the wiring diagram ? CHE 8220
    The machine came with the parts list and a sales brochure
    that dates from the 1980s.
    .......
    B. Are any other manuals available ?
    This is new ground for us. Appreciate any help.
    ......
    C. We just plugged it in. It was turning in the
    proper direction...we all think....but the carriage ran slowly then
    the machine stopped cold. Would like to have wiring diagram
    so we can find our way. The wiring diagram for the HLV doesnt
    get it done, unfortunately.
    .......
    Thanks to all.

  2. #2
    The problem could be that the voltage of the machine is USA standard (3 Phase 220V 60 Hz)
    The power supply is looking for the 60 Hz, and will only see 50 Hz and may shut down due to the low frequency?

    Quote Originally Posted by hrdg4me View Post
    Took delivery last week of HARDINGE HC CHUCKER serial # HC4172-P
    with wiring diagram # CHE 8220. Machine is 1.5hp, 60 hertz, 3phase,
    220, w/ 3phase 1740 GE spindle drive motor. Machine is supposed to
    be 1984 vintage but I cant say for sure.
    .....
    A. Does anyone have the wiring diagram ? CHE 8220
    The machine came with the parts list and a sales brochure
    that dates from the 1980s.
    .......
    B. Are any other manuals available ?
    This is new ground for us. Appreciate any help.
    ......
    C. We just plugged it in. It was turning in the
    proper direction...we all think....but the carriage ran slowly then
    the machine stopped cold. Would like to have wiring diagram
    so we can find our way. The wiring diagram for the HLV doesnt
    get it done, unfortunately.
    .......
    Thanks to all.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The problem could be that the voltage of the machine is USA standard (3 Phase 220V 60 Hz)
    The power supply is looking for the 60 Hz, and will only see 50 Hz and may shut down due to the low frequency?
    Gary, the OP is in Florida so I doubt thats the issue...

    Unless the motor is on a VFD my first test would be to check voltages at wiring to motor ... do they look reasonable... all three phases to neutral and phase to phase. If you have a phase meter even better...

    If voltages look OK, remove the motor and benchtest it... if it runs OK problem is likely to be mechanical rather than electrical.

  4. #4
    Yes, didnt look at the location.

    Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Gary, the OP is in Florida so I doubt thats the issue...

    Unless the motor is on a VFD my first test would be to check voltages at wiring to motor ... do they look reasonable... all three phases to neutral and phase to phase. If you have a phase meter even better...

    If voltages look OK, remove the motor and benchtest it... if it runs OK problem is likely to be mechanical rather than electrical.

  5. There's some HC documentation in the files topic of the yahoo hardinge group
    I didn't see the circuit specifically, but there is a maintenance manual so it may be in that.

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hardinge-lathe/

Similar Threads

  1. Hardinge KL-1
    By pauly45 in forum Conversion Build Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 18-10-2013, 07:31 PM
  2. VFD Wiring Diagram
    By Tomnewry in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-10-2013, 06:46 PM
  3. Wiring diagram for 4x4 cnc router
    By Danielroyal25 in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-07-2013, 11:14 PM
  4. NEW MEMBER: Hi, Looking for a wiring diagram, Melbourne
    By Sampop in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-10-2010, 11:18 AM
  5. Wiring diagram for boxford cnc lathe 125TCL?
    By Sampop in forum Boxford Lathes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-10-2010, 05:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •