. .

Thread: Help wanted

Afternoon All
    Not sure if this exisits or not, but i wanted some T-Slotted channel to mount an electric motor and will in turn allow me to tension a chain. I've seen similar stuff in aluminium for wood working tools but dont think it will be quite strong enough as its a start motor that i'm mounting so maybe steel is the only option. To take 6 or 8mm bolts. and about 25mm wide.
    Does anyone know of anything? Need about 300mm of it.

Looks like this http://www.ptreeusa.com/ttrackproducts.htm

Cheers
    Brendan

2. I assume the idea is to slide the motor in the channel to adjust tension? What is the motor fixing, a flange? If so, can you figidly fix one mounting point and use a slotted arm for the other, will be easier to fabricate in ali (unless you are tensioning to several kN, which I doubt)

yeah i'd considered that and had thought of other ecentric type adjustment as it is flange mounted, the trouble id that the end of the shaft needs to sit in a pillow block bearing, so i thought i could perhaps mount both the bearing and motor on the channel and slide up and down to tension.

I've been searching all night and other than making a one off bit of channel it looks like too much effort, i've though about making a spring loaded tensioner instead, not quite what i'd like but beggers cant be choosers

4. How big is the sprocket? Could you mount the motor and pillow block on a plate slotted to clear the sprocket/chain and the edge of the plate rotate on a rod and locked by an arm as before?

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    How about unistrut?
    It's ugly stuff (only pressed metal) and not very "CNC", but it might do the job. (it'd fit right at home on my machine!)

http://www.unistrut.co.uk/index.php?...uble%20Channel

Thread Information