. .

Thread: Motor problems/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, hope everyone had a great Xmas.
    I have built my new machine, all is well, except the X axis motor, it runs but not as expected.
    I jog the motor in the + direction great that is the way it runs but if I press it a second time it runs in the opposite direction, same with the _ direction.
    Is this a setup problem, or the driver, maybe the motor is stuffed.
    Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Check the step & dir wiring.

But knowing what controller you are using may help.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Double check the wiring, but I can't think of a fault that would give you those kind of symptoms.

What does the X-axis DRO show on your controller?
    Is it behaving how you'd expect (increasing when you jpg +, and decreasing when you jog -), or is it following what the motor is doing?

If the DRO is doing what you expect it should, then I'd try swapping drivers around, or at least swap step/dir wires with another axis, and see if the fault moves.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleBrainz View Post
    Check the step & dir wiring.

But knowing what controller you are using may help.
    The controller is the NVEM v2 6axis controller and the motor driver is DM542T

Can't check the wiring at the moment.
    When I jog + it goes in the direction that it should, but jog again in reverses, jog again in goes in right direction , and so on, the - acts the same.
    Externally the wiring is correct.

How many steps are we talking in each direction ? One, many, a number that is always the same or a random amount ?

What do you mean you "can't check the wiring" but "externally it's correct" ?

How many steps are we talking in each direction ? One, many, a number that is always the same or a random amount ?

What do you mean you "can't check the wiring" but "externally it's correct" ?
    It will travel in the one direction as long as I hold the button, as soon as I stop and repress it, it goes in the opposite direction.

I checked the wiring from the motor to the control box via a Drm. But at the moment I can't check inside the control box as it is so darned hot in the shed. I check the external wiring before posting here when it was cooler..

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Double check the wiring, but I can't think of a fault that would give you those kind of symptoms.

What does the X-axis DRO show on your controller?
    Is it behaving how you'd expect (increasing when you jpg +, and decreasing when you jog -), or is it following what the motor is doing?

If the DRO is doing what you expect it should, then I'd try swapping drivers around, or at least swap step/dir wires with another axis, and see if the fault moves.
    Unfortunately I do not have a Dro. As soon as I can get into the shed, I will give a test run and see what happens there.

I feel for ya.....Yeah summer is here, so will we have floods, fires or both this year ? Or is the gumberment going to require QR codes for natural disasters ?

If you run MIDI commands how does it go ?

I think m_c was referring to the on screen DRO, I guess you are using one of the MACH variants ?

I feel for ya.....Yeah summer is here, so will we have floods, fires or both this year ? Or is the gumberment going to require QR codes for natural disasters ?

If you run MIDI commands how does it go ?

I think m_c was referring to the on screen DRO, I guess you are using one of the MACH variants ?
    Say That again, it gets to about 40c.You may well be right who knows what they will decide on next.
    Yes I am using Mach3.
    Not sure what you mean by running Midi commands, I believe they are for music.
    I am wondering what will happen if I run a dummy Gcode, may tangle itself up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information