. .

Thread: Motor problems/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry I come from Linuxcnc.

MDI (not Midi) Manually input g-code.....sorry extra "I" can cause some confusion. Tho someone did write a component for MIDI for Linuxcnc.

Something like G0 X10
    then G0 X20

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleBrainz View Post
    Sorry I come from Linuxcnc.

MDI (not Midi) Manually input g-code.....sorry extra "I" can cause some confusion. Tho someone did write a component for MIDI for Linuxcnc.

Something like G0 X10
    then G0 X20
    Ok, had me stumped for a while as I play Midi music The Gcode is not a problem for me, I have used it with 3D printing, I will knock up something to try it, not sure if it will prove anything, but we can only try. I have some spare motors so will try swapping one and see if it is the motor or not. Then move to the next faze the driver, I think its called elimination.I can't see it being the motor though.

Ok by running some simple gcode and not getting the same issue would point to the issue being in the jogging logic.

Not knowing how jogging is setup with Mach I can't hazzard a guess as to what it may be.

But from the loose info I've seen and this may not be correct, most external boards designed for MACH do the motion/trajectory planning. If this is the case with your particular controller it could be a issue with firmware. Also it's not quite clear if you are jogging from a keyboard or an external pendant.

The way things work with Linuxcnc is that Linuxcnc decodes the gocde, works out the trajectory planning and basically just send timing info to the external controller. This could be an FPGA board or a separate micro controller core as on the BeagleBone Black or the Orange Pi with an arm based H3 CPU or 3D Printer board with modified firmware.

[QUOTE=BeagleBrainz;128020]Ok by running some simple gcode and not getting the same issue would point to the issue being in the jogging logic.

Not knowing how jogging is setup with Mach I can't hazzard a guess as to what it may be.

But from the loose info I've seen and this may not be correct, most external boards designed for MACH do the motion/trajectory planning. If this is the case with your particular controller it could be a issue with firmware. Also it's not quite clear if you are jogging from a keyboard or an external pendant.

The way things work with Linuxcnc is that Linuxcnc decodes the gocde, works out the trajectory planning and basically just send timing info to the external controller. This could be an FPGA board or a separate micro controller core as on the BeagleBone Black or the Orange Pi with an arm based H3 CPU or 3D Printer board with modified firmware.[/QUOTE}

Thanks for the quick replies, I will try connecting a motor and see if it does the same, but at the same time I will open the box and check internal wiring, I have a feeling it is one of those two causing the problem. Let you know how it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information