. .

Thread: Motor problems/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    Hi, hope everyone had a great Xmas.
    I have built my new machine, all is well, except the X axis motor, it runs but not as expected.
    I jog the motor in the + direction great that is the way it runs but if I press it a second time it runs in the opposite direction, same with the _ direction.
    Is this a setup problem, or the driver, maybe the motor is stuffed.
    Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Check the step & dir wiring.

    But knowing what controller you are using may help.

  3. #3
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,745. Received thanks 331 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Double check the wiring, but I can't think of a fault that would give you those kind of symptoms.

    What does the X-axis DRO show on your controller?
    Is it behaving how you'd expect (increasing when you jpg +, and decreasing when you jog -), or is it following what the motor is doing?

    If the DRO is doing what you expect it should, then I'd try swapping drivers around, or at least swap step/dir wires with another axis, and see if the fault moves.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BeagleBrainz View Post
    Check the step & dir wiring.

    But knowing what controller you are using may help.
    The controller is the NVEM v2 6axis controller and the motor driver is DM542T

  5. #5
    Can't check the wiring at the moment.
    When I jog + it goes in the direction that it should, but jog again in reverses, jog again in goes in right direction , and so on, the - acts the same.
    Externally the wiring is correct.

  6. #6
    How many steps are we talking in each direction ? One, many, a number that is always the same or a random amount ?

    What do you mean you "can't check the wiring" but "externally it's correct" ?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BeagleBrainz View Post
    How many steps are we talking in each direction ? One, many, a number that is always the same or a random amount ?

    What do you mean you "can't check the wiring" but "externally it's correct" ?
    It will travel in the one direction as long as I hold the button, as soon as I stop and repress it, it goes in the opposite direction.

    I checked the wiring from the motor to the control box via a Drm. But at the moment I can't check inside the control box as it is so darned hot in the shed. I check the external wiring before posting here when it was cooler..

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Double check the wiring, but I can't think of a fault that would give you those kind of symptoms.

    What does the X-axis DRO show on your controller?
    Is it behaving how you'd expect (increasing when you jpg +, and decreasing when you jog -), or is it following what the motor is doing?

    If the DRO is doing what you expect it should, then I'd try swapping drivers around, or at least swap step/dir wires with another axis, and see if the fault moves.
    Unfortunately I do not have a Dro. As soon as I can get into the shed, I will give a test run and see what happens there.

  9. #9
    I feel for ya.....Yeah summer is here, so will we have floods, fires or both this year ? Or is the gumberment going to require QR codes for natural disasters ?

    If you run MIDI commands how does it go ?

    I think m_c was referring to the on screen DRO, I guess you are using one of the MACH variants ?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BeagleBrainz View Post
    I feel for ya.....Yeah summer is here, so will we have floods, fires or both this year ? Or is the gumberment going to require QR codes for natural disasters ?

    If you run MIDI commands how does it go ?

    I think m_c was referring to the on screen DRO, I guess you are using one of the MACH variants ?
    Say That again, it gets to about 40c.You may well be right who knows what they will decide on next.
    Yes I am using Mach3.
    Not sure what you mean by running Midi commands, I believe they are for music.
    I am wondering what will happen if I run a dummy Gcode, may tangle itself up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mach3 Problems problems problems.
    By ECCO in forum Artsoft Mach (3 & 4)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-07-2016, 09:07 AM
  2. Problems with spindle / motor
    By scnc in forum Spindles & Drive Motors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-01-2013, 12:39 AM
  3. Spindle motor problems
    By geoffby in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 07:25 PM
  4. Help please with warco 220 lathe motor problems
    By wiggy in forum Milling Machines, Builds & Conversions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 09:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •