Hi all many thanks all at CNC UK for the invite to a forum for us UK CNC enthusiasts. I have yet to build mine but am gathering alot of info before my build as a project like this can be expensive and mistakes are what I want to avoid so this forum would be a grat place to post and get expert advice and also see what other fellow UK CNC'ers are using and what they are making.
I have many hobbies and guitar making is what I love doing but I love the hands on approach to this skilled craft so the CNC for guitar making is not what I would use it for although some of you might think its crazy but my guitars are totally handmade and have been for the last 23 years and I have no desire to change whatsoever no matter if it is easy to me its being just lazy. There are many things I would like to make with my CNC so once its built I'll show you my progress.
I have all the electronics side of the build ie stepper, driver, power supply etc,etc but have yet to tackle the build which for starters will be a MDF skate bearings approach as its cheap and also a good learning curve for the next machine so if I do make a mistake its no hardship as the parts are dirt cheap to replace.
I am thinking of using for leadscrews 8mm threaded rod as this fits nicely in the skate bearing and its easily available at most hardware stores, would this be a good idea or not ? has anyone else used this to greta affect.
I am currently building a workshop that is 16 feet X 9 feet so with all my stuff it has to be big and more importantly house my CNC.
Anyway guys I'll keep you posted of my progress and also would love to see some of you guys machines. :D