. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. I think auto-toolchangers have a locking plunger with a solenoid or stepper driven retractor to lock the post and a switch to indicate the plunger is clear so that the software wont turn the post until it unlocked. A switch to show the locked position would also be useful.

hi guys

i tried running the hex code on proteus and the processor is been reset every 23secs by watchdog timer. itried compilling the v1.1 still the same problem. can someone tell me what i am missing

Quote Originally Posted by cncguy View Post
    hi guys

i tried running the hex code on proteus and the processor is been reset every 23secs by watchdog timer. itried compilling the v1.1 still the same problem. can someone tell me what i am missing
    The watch dog timer isn't used in the firmware - so if you're enabling it then that's why it's resetting!

thank you for your contribution I'll start gattering the parts and beguin on the project, I do have one question do, how it will afect the table if i use gear reduction or do i have to use it with a straight shaft and no reduction?

It depends on what you mean by reduction gear.
    If you simply mean the worm on the table (i.e. in the case of a 6" vertex which is 90:1 reduction) then it's designed for that.
    If you wish to reduce the gearing further by driving the input shaft to the table via a reduction gear then you can do it providing you're not reducing it by too much.

Basically it's down to the maximum number of steps for a single 360 degree rotation of the table. These can't exceed 65535 steps. So with a half stepping (400 step) motor, and a 90:1 reduction ratio the number of steps per 360 = 400 * 90 = 36,000.
    If you tried to drive this through a 2:1 reducer you'd need a value of 72,000 which is too high.

Hope this helps
    Steve.

Thank's Steve, i did mean the worm on the table, i was'nt sure if the controller was designed for that, so it should'nt be any trouble, i apreciate your time.

Hello,
    Many thanks to everybody for these informations.
    I'd like to built an indexing device for my watchmaker lathe.
    My knoledge in electronics is not perfect, so is someone able to provide me a printed board ?
    Regards, Petrus (France )

Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to MYCNCUK so you will have to patient with me I am not an Electronics person but I have worked on very large commercial CNC machines I have a small lathe and a small Knee Mill and I am going to attempt to convert them both to CNC First question is could I use this control to index a six position tool post for the lathe. Second question do you sell this control already made Regards nipper

Hi Nipper;
    there is someone in OZ that has done a tool changer for a herbert lathe, I think that is
    in SA , he is a nice fellow , have a look at this

http://www.cncathome.com/latheturret.html
    also there is a very nice fellow in Melbourne ,his name is Frank Tkalcevic, he is
    very active in the emc forums .
    regards from Sydney
    mariano
    mariano

Hi,

Attached to this post V2.12b firmware.

A couple of minor bug fixes, couple of minor new features and a change to the way the worm ratio is entered, rather than enter a worm ratio (and the device 'assume' a 400 step motor) you now enter the worm ratio multiplied by the step ratio.
    E.g for a 400 step motor and a 90:1 worm you'd enter 400 * 90 = 36000.

This change allows odd ratios to be entered.
    I'll upload updated instructions shortly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kwackers; 29-11-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwackers View Post
    Hi,

Attached to this post V2.12b firmware.

A couple of minor bug fixes, couple of minor new features and a change to the way the worm ratio is entered, rather than enter a worm ratio (and the device 'assume' a 400 step motor) you now enter the worm ratio multiplied by the step ratio.
    E.g for a 400 step motor and a 90:1 worm you'd enter 400 * 90 = 36000.

This change allows odd ratios to be entered.
    I'll upload updated instructions shortly.
    KWACKERS Do you have the source code of V2.12 and V2.12b?

Thanks

Dennis

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information